Explore the remarkable and historic ethnicity, culture and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. Taste authentic Cantonese, Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine from five Chinese owned and operated restaurants, food establishments and ethnic bakeries. The tastes, traditions, and old-world class of these landmark establishments are a true San Francisco experience.
The tour includes (subject to change):
- A variety of five delicious foods from the best specialty food stores to ethnic eateries
- A fun, fascinating, and knowledgeable tour guide will divulge tidbits of information only locals know
- Walk hidden streets and alleys where we might be the only people on the street.
- Hear fun and interesting stories about the Chinese immigrant arrivals in SF, The Tong Wars, Chinese architecture and more...
- Visit the Chinese Fortune Cookie Factory, the oldest Buddhist Temple in SF and an authentic Chinese market
- Taste a variety of styles of Chinese cuisine, including the best baked bun, dim sum and egg tart all without waiting in the long lines
- New Hollywood Bakery & Restaurant: Our favorite light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork. (est. 1991)
- Bund Shanghai: Traditional Shanghai-style cuisine
- Grant Place: Local favorite known for Hong Kong style dim sum and Chinese specialties
- Hunan House: The distinctive flavors of Hunan cuisine
- AA Bakery & Café: Freshly made, out of the oven, Hong Kong-style egg tarts cooked to smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flakey crust (est. 2002)
- Z&Y Restaurant: Chef Han has grown in reputation by preparing food for presidents and foreign ministers of the people’s republic of China (est. 2008)