Alcatraz remains one of San Francisco's most well-known and visited landmarks. On the Escape the Rock boat tour, you'll sail under the Golden Gate Bridge before circling Alcatraz and seeing every angle by boat. With sound effects and stories about famous inmates, you'll learn about what life was like on this prison island.
Attractions & guided tours
Escape from the Rock boat tour
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Japanese , Chinese , Korean
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- See Alcatraz Island by boat
- Hear stories about famous inmates
- Enjoy views of the city skyline
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Ferry journey around Alcatraz Island
- Audio tour
- Souvenir binoculars for children
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Access to Alcatraz Island and the prison
- Children (ages 5-11)
- Infants (ages 0-4): free
Pier 41 Marine Terminal, San Francisco, CA 94133
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tour departure.
What to remember
- Please note this tour does NOT land on Alcatraz Island or include the prison interior
- The tour departs approximately every hour/hour and a half. Vouchers for your Escape From Rock Cruise are valid for any of the departure times on the day of the booking (exact schedule information will be in your voucher)
- An audio guide is available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, German and Taiwanese. You must bring your own wi-fi enabled device
- The tour departs approximately every hour/hour and a half, you will receive exact schedule information in your voucher
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Gray Line San Francisco
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.