Visit some of the top attractions along San Francisco's famed waterfront including Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, and Pier 39 with this special tour!
During this 60-minute walking tour, you'll learn about the rich history of the area with a highly-rated guide, all while taking in amazing views. You'll visit iconic landmarks and hear incredible stories about the gold rush, the cable car system, earthquakes, and much more.
- Meet your guide at the north end of Fisherman’s Wharf and start your experience by taking in the amazing views of the bay, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz
- Hear how San Francisco transformed from a sleepy village to a booming port city when gold fever swept the nation in 1849, and learn the origin story of Ghirardelli Square
- Check out the stalls selling specialties like crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls
- Walk part of the historic Barbary Coast trail
- Continuing along the Embarcadero Promenade, you’ll hear about the infamous Alcatraz and how it’s much more than just a prison
- Finish at Pier 39 to see the historic ships and the colony of sea lions that has taken over the docks
This tour makes a great day for the family with loads of recommendations to continue your day!