The Mission District is one of San Francisco's most interesting and eclectic neighborhoods, combining a range of influences into one unique culture. The Mission District Food Tour not only lets you skip the lines and taste delectable delights at a number of notable establishments, but it also offers some insight into how the Mission has grown into such a beloved locale. This 3-hour walking tour includes 5 tastings at different establishments.
They are subject to change, but usually include 5 of the following places:
- Taqueria Cancun (est. 1985): The most perfectly marinated meat tacos in SF
- Mission Chinese (est. 2010) Founder Danny Bowien nominated for a James Beard Rising Chef Award
- Delfina Pizza (est. 2005) Delicious Neapolitan inspired, thin crust pizzas
- Tartine Bakery (est. 2002) The best French-style bakery in San Francisco, and you'll get to skip the lines!
- Ali Baba's Cave (est. 2003) The most delicious, moist falafel in SF
- Craftsman and Wolves (est. 2010) Where the paths of food and design intersect
As you stroll from tasting to tasting, your guide will point out and explain the culture, history and landmarks of the area. You'll see colorful Latino markets, Diego Rivera-inspired murals and much more! Whether you're a visitor in town for only a few days, or a local born and raised, you're sure to learn something on this informative tour.