Experience all that Northern California has to offer: giant redwoods, a stunning coastline, tiny railroad towns, Hollywood movie locations, and wonderful views of San Francisco!
This engaging tour will take you from San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, into a magical redwood forest known as Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve, through the California Coast, and to Sausalito.
On the drive to Armstrong Redwoods, your knowledgeable tour guide will explain how the grove of redwoods was spared from the clear-cutting that went on during the gold rush. Once in the grove of redwoods, you will have a special opportunity to take a peaceful walk amongst coastal sequoias (Redwoods) that are taller (310 feet/95 meters), bigger (15 feet/4.6 meters wide), and older (1400 years old) than the trees in Muir Woods. There is also a seasonal waterfall!
You will then continue onto the quaint, old railroad town of Guerneville where will have time for lunch and shopping in the cute shops on the main street. After lunch, the tour will head to the beautiful Northern California coast where you can enjoy looking out at the ocean and at amazing rock formations along the coast. There will be a stop in Bodega Bay for some California saltwater taffy and coastal souvenirs and in the town of Bodega made famous by Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “The Birds”.
For the last stop, you will be taken to Sausalito. You have the option of staying and spending some time in Sausalito and returning on your own via ferry, or you may return with the tour back to San Francisco, with a stop in the Marin Headlands, which provides stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge with San Francisco in the background.
- 7:30 am – 8:15 am: Pick up from your San Francisco hotel
- 8:30 am: Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge to Armstrong Redwoods Natural State Reserve
- 10 am: Café for drinks and snacks
- 10:30 am – 12 pm: Explore magical Armstrong Redwoods
- 12 pm – 1 pm: Lunch in the town of Guerneville
- 1:15 pm: Drive to California coast and visit Bodega Bay and the town of Bodega
- 3 pm: Drive to Sausalito
- 4 pm: Arrive in Sausalito with the option to stay and return to San Francisco on your own
- 4:45 pm: Arrive in San Francisco and your hotel