Adventure whale watching San Juan Islands
- Learn about wonderful whales and wildlife of the San Juan Islands
- Get to know fantastic captains and naturalists
- Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience
- Travel lighter - all equipment is provided
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
Get on an open boat adventure tour, explore protected waters and discover the islands' abundant wildlife and spectacular beauty. The tour company is the longest operating whale/wildlife tour in the island. It's not the biggest, nor does it strive to be. As an owner operated company, it takes pride in providing a quality tour with a personal touch. Skilled local naturalists make the trips fun, informative and interactive, and the owner/captain is dedicated to making your whale watching and wildlife trip an experience of a lifetime!
At least 5 percent of the profits is pledged for conservation, and education is a key part of the trip. You will certainly come away with memories to last a lifetime and a newfound appreciation for the natural world. The open boat Western Explorer II (newly built in 2018) carries up to 25 guest and is similar to a Zodiac style boat. It is the only boat of its kind in Washington State, offering longer range "expedition style" adventure tours. It is also the only water-jet driven vessel based on San Juan Island.
- Guided tour
- Use of equipment
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Roundtrip transportation
- Children from 7 to 12 years old
1 Spring St, Friday Harbor, WA
Meet at the Westen Prince office located next to the ferry landing. It is in the red building at the foot of Spring Street, above the Ice Cream Shop.
- Come to the Western Prince office 40 minutes before the departure time to check in and get sorted
- The office opens at 9.00am
- Please make sure you have had a restroom break before checking in
- Western Explorer is not suitable for children until 6 years old, pregnant women, or guests with back or neck injuries
Departures at 11.00am and 3.00pm
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will r...
Olympic National Park is a UNESCO World-Heritage Site distinguished for its ecological diversity and...
Mt. Rainier is encased in more than 35 square miles of snow and ice, and surrounded by old-growth fo...
Walk on the high-speed Victoria Clipper catamaran and relax on a cruise from downtown Seattle to dow...
Sky View Observatory is the tallest public observatory in the Pacific Northwest and the perfect plac...
The Seattle CityPASS® will open the gates to super Seattle discounts. It will cover admission to the...