Split: Diocletian's Palace walking tour
- Explore Diocletian's Palace with a local guide
- Start in the subterranean levels and work your way up
- Step back in time as the city's iconic history comes to life
Split is Croatia's second-largest city and the largest in Dalmatia, sitting on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea and centered around the Roman Palace of the Emperor Diocletian. For more than 1700 years, the streets and alleyways of Diocletian's Palace have been continuously inhabited. Home to nobility, adventurers, gentry and common folk, everywhere you look you can still see and feel the influences of the past.
You will visit:
- Diocletian's Palace, built between 298-305AD, is still one of the finest examples of the late-Roman-Empire architecture
- The remarkably preserved basement substructure that helped archaeologists to understand not only how the palatial buildings above were constructed, but also their purposes.
- The heart of the palace, the Peristil
- Emperor's quarters
- Wander through the palace's four quarters and stop to meet a local artist, have an espresso or two and learn the mystery and magic behind one of UNESCO's most celebrated World Heritage sites
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children: 13 years-old and under
- Golden/North Gate (near the Statue of Gregory of Nin) in center of the city
- Dress code is smart casual
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate
- In the event of the tour being cancelled due to the minimum booking requirements not being met, you will receive a full refund
- Daily: 10.00am and 5.00pm
Croatia's Dalmatian coast is home to one of the country's most beautiful nature parks – Biokovo. And...
If a gentle pace when enjoying heritage is what you're after, then this daytrip to Dubrovnik is the ...
The palette of greens and blues Mother Nature used on Krka National Park was infinite. It's hard not...
The great outdoors don't come any greater than Krka National Park, one of Croatia's wildest natural ...
Amazing landscapes and adrenalin-pumping adventure are the name of the game in this River Cetina raf...
A relaxing boat trip to sun-drenched islands on the Dalmatian coast, homemade lunch served on deck, ...