- Explore Diocletian's Palace with a local guide
- Start in the subterranean levels and work your way up
- Step back in time as the city's iconic history comes to life
Split is Croatia's second-largest city and the largest in Dalmatia, sitting on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea and centered around the Roman Palace of the Emperor Diocletian. For more than 1700 years, the streets and alleyways of Diocletian's Palace have been continuously inhabited. Home to nobility, adventurers, gentry and common folk, everywhere you look you can still see and feel the influences of the past.
You will visit:
- Diocletian's Palace, built between 298-305AD, is still one of the finest examples of the late-Roman-Empire architecture
- The remarkably preserved basement substructure that helped archaeologists to understand not only how the palatial buildings above were constructed, but also their purposes.
- The heart of the palace, the Peristil
- Emperor's quarters
- Wander through the palace's four quarters and stop to meet a local artist, have an espresso or two and learn the mystery and magic behind one of UNESCO's most celebrated World Heritage sites
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children: 13 years-old and under
- Golden/North Gate (near the Statue of Gregory of Nin) in center of the city
- Dress code is smart casual
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate
- In the event of the tour being cancelled due to the minimum booking requirements not being met, you will receive a full refund
- Daily: 10.00am and 5.00pm
Go back to the ancient Roman Empire with our expert guides on this great walking tour of the histori...
Experience this unique location away from the city vibes. Krka Waterfalls National Park is worth vis...
During your walking tour of Trogir's UNESCO-protected Old Town, your local expert guide will take yo...
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to taste traditional Croatian wines and snacks in a famous...
Your local expert guide will discuss the history of Split, placing a special focus on the exact plac...
Have you always wanted to visit the wild nature hidden in some remote corners of Croatia? This tour ...
Old, new, and fictional worlds collide in this walking tour of Diocletian’s Palace. Not only is this...
With over 400 bolted rock climbing routes in the Split area, climbers of all ages and experience can...
Ever wanted to plan a get-away to the Dalmatian Coast and enjoy the cristal clear sea and the sun? D...
Start your day with one of the most amazing sea adventures in Split. Jump on your sup board and expl...