Harbourside and the Rocks Sydney Tour
- Learn about Sydney's fascinating history and discover how it has changed over the decades
- Explore two of Sydney’s hottest neighbourhoods with a local guide by your side
- Taste delicious cake and gelato that the locals can’t get enough of
- Hop between unique local pubs to taste local craft beer
- Check out the world-famous Harbourside and learn more about the Rocks
- Visit the neighbourhoods in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
See the best of Sydney during the day. You'll explore the historical and mysterious neighbourhood of Newton: discover its internationally acclaimed street art, shop in its creative marketplace and enjoy a selection of treats. Leave the high street and venture into the laneways and side streets to meet local artisans and watch them ply their trade. We’ll then taste the most photographed dessert in the world, visit the gelato business that won Italy’s 'best gelato in the world' competition and we’ll sample a beer made by Sydney’s premier craft brewers. All the while, you will be learning about the colourful past and present which sets Newtown apart from every other suburb of Sydney. Then there will be an hour break where you will have an opportunity to grab some lunch (not included, but your guide can recommend some places nearby) before heading harbourside where the second leg of your Sydney adventure begins. As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. Your guide will carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship. Along the way, you will make pit stops at some classic local pubs in the heart of the Rocks and explore the once seedy back alleyways, which today are very safe, of course, but still feature many great photo opportunities. After a drink at another historic pub, you'll delve deeper into some of the most unique and off-the-beaten-track parts of the Rocks as you visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- One coffee
- One cake
- One gelato
- Four alcoholic drinks
- Additional food and drinks
- Transport (please bring your Opal card if you have one)
- Children (6-11): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Newtown Station, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Newtown Railway Station ticket gates. Princes Highway (King Street) Newtown.
- Please present this voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. Our tour runs in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
Every day at 10am.
See the Three Sisters in Katoomba and admire panoramic views over the Jamison Valley from a vantage ...
Visit Leogate Estate for a tour and tastings of their wines. At the Hunter Resort enjoy a tasting pl...
Enjoy spectacular views as you travel over the Harbour Bridge for stunning photo opportunities of th...
At Mt. Ainslie see panoramic views of Canberra. Visit the Australian War Memorial and National Museu...
There's plenty to see on this tour through world-class Sydney. Enjoy stunning views from Milsons Poi...
Your Driver Guide will provide expert commentary as you travel past famous suburbs, each with its ow...