SKIP THE LINE
DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Valley of the Temples and Villa Romana del Casale
- Discover Sicily’s finest ancient Greek and Roman ruins with a guide
- Spend an afternoon at Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina admiring the famous "Bikini Girls" mosaic
WHAT TO EXPECT
Two civilizations - the Greek and the Roman - in one excursion. During this tour you will have the opportunity to visit two antique cities of art, UNESCO World Heritage sites.
You will travel across Sicily by bus with your tour leader and local guide towards the city of Agrigento, located on the southern coast of Sicily and famous for its archaeological park known as "Valley of the Temples": here you will find well-preserved temples built by the Greeks between 510 and 430 B.C.
Upon arrival in Agrigento, visit the Valley of the Temples (Juno, Concordia, Hercules, Zeus, Castor and Pollux). Take a break for lunch (extra), then continue to Piazza Armerina, in the center of Sicily, for a visit to the well-known “Villa Romana del Casale” of about 3,500 square meters. Here you will see the famous Roman mosaics dating back to the 4th century AD.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
- Multilingual tour leader and local guide services as per program
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fees (free for EU citizens under the age of 18 and reduced by 50% for EU citizens aged between 18 and 25 years with valid ID).
- Meals, drinks, tips, rentals and extras in general
The main departure place for all excursions is the Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello in Taormina. Getting out from Porta Messina Arch, take the Via Pirandello on the right and continue down until you reach the Bus Terminal on the right hand. Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure time. Pick-up is also available in the areas of Taormina by the sea, Giardini Naxos, Recanati and Letojanni.
Departure every Tuesday and Friday
- April-October: 06.30am
- November-March: 07.00am
- Infants (ages (0-2): free
- Children (ages 3-12): 50% reduction
Taormina: discover all activities