Take this unique occasion to admire Mount Etna in the evocative atmosphere of the sunset. The volcano, perpetually active and UNESCO World Heritage site since 2013, is the highest in Europe. Once arriving at the volcano, take an ascent escorted by licensed Guides of the CAI (Italian Alpine Club) by off-road jeep up to the authorized crater areas at approximately 3,000 meters. Admire the sunset at a safe distance from the central crater. The darkness makes it possible to observe more clearly any eventual volcanic activity. As an optional extra, enjoy dinner at a traditional Italian restaurant.
Excursions & day trips
Etna sunset guided tour from Taormina
Language: English , Italian , German
Availability: Tuesday, Thursday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover the highest volcano in Europe
- Admire the astonishing sunset
- Learn about famous volcanic eruptions in Sicily
- Enjoy a walk in the authorized area on Mount Etna
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
- Tour leader and alpine guide services as per program
- Free hotel pick up for the accommodations on the route is also available upon request
What's not included
- Meals and drinks
- Other extras
- Infants under 3 years of age: free
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello, Taormina
Getting out from Porta Messina Arch, take the Via Pirandello on the right and continue down until you reach the Bus Terminal on the right hand side
What to remember
Please bring warm clothing and suitable shoes
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.