Jerusalem Day Tour from Tel Aviv
- Walk through all four quarters of the Old City
- View the Dome of the Rock & Al Aqsa Mosque, revered by Muslims as the site where Mohammed ascended to heaven
- Experience the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial, and resurrection
- Explore the Mehane Yehuda Market the contemporary heart of the new city
- Visit the Western Wall, the holiest site for Jews and the last remnant of the Jewish Temple
Join this Jerusalem Day Tour departing from Tel Aviv, the most convenient way to discover the rich and complex history of one of the oldest cities in the world, whilst exploring the contemporary heart of this extraordinary city.
Leaving from Tel Aviv, you’ll head to Jerusalem and enter the Jaffa Gate with your guide. You’ll walk through all four quarters of the Old City and discover what makes each unique, after which you’ll stroll along the remains of the Roman Cardo, the ancient heart of the city, before visiting the Hurva Synagogue and hearing the fascinating story behind this historic monument.
Ascending to a lookout point, you’ll get an inspiring view of some of the most important religious sites in the world, for all three monotheistic religions. Overlooking the Temple Mount, the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque, we’ll delve into the rich and complex history of this inspiring city. You’ll catch a glimpse of the legendary Mount of Olives, home to the oldest Jewish cemetery in the world, before visiting the Western Wall, which stood here thousands of years ago. After venturing along the Via Dolorosa, we’ll visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, before having had a chance to explore the colorful and chaotic Old City Bazaar, whilst discovering some of the exotic treasures on offer.
After exploring the religious and historical parts of Jerusalem, you’ll have a unique experience of the contemporary heart of the city by exploring the Mahane Yehuda Market. Walking through this sprawling labyrinth, you’ll have a chance to take in the local aromas and flavors, to stimulate both curiosities, as well as appetite. Wandering through this lively market, you’ll find an assortment of bars, restaurants, and stalls, to discover all sorts of hidden gems. This bustling marketplace is widely viewed by locals as a symbol of Jerusalem, as a place which represents them and gives them a unique identity within a larger Israeli social context, as whilst retaining its authentic character, it simultaneously incorporates the new aspects of this remarkable city.
- Guided tour in Jerusalem
- Entrance fees
- Extra Snacks and Drinks
Pick up points: Opera Tower, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Abraham Hostel, Levontin St 21, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
- Things to bring: hat and sunscreen; water and snacks; modest clothing (scarf/shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
- No drop-off at the Opera Tower
- Your passport is needed to participate in this tour
- To confirm your tour exact departure time and point you will need to contact the provider
- On Tuesday and Friday
- 7:15 - Pickup from the Opera Tower
- 7:30 - Pickup from the Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
- 9:00 - Arrival in Jerusalem, meet with the guide and start the tour
- 13:15 - Drive to Mahane Yehuda Market in the New City for lunchtime
- 14:45 - Depart back to Tel Aviv
- 15:45 - Arrive back in Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv
NB: All times are approximate
Departing from Tel Aviv, you will head to Bethlehem to explore the city before it becomes bustling w...
Golan Heights resides in the most northern part of Israel where there are beautiful views filled wit...
Departing Tel Aviv you will be driven through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea region, the lowest o...
Tour Petra with a professional guide and see the famous facade of the Treasury, the Roman theater an...
Explore an intriguing region which can be difficult for some travelers to visit alone. On your guide...
On your 3-city, 2-day tour you will visit Caesarea, Acre and Golan with a 1-night stay in a hotel in...
This Tel Aviv pub crawl will show you the wild and vibrant nightlife of this city that never sleeps....
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departi...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
Leaving Jerusalem in the morning, you'll be driven up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley, with it...