If you're looking to get away from the touristy areas and searching for a more authentic experience, then an evening under the stars walking through the Shimbashi neighbourhood is perfect for you. You'll get to go to the local spots and try different kinds of seasonal and authentic dishes for an unforgettable culinary journey. You'll visit the best places, where the local workers go for their daily meals. Your guide will also show you the more traditional side on what it means to dine in Tokyo. Savour delicious Yakitori-styled, world-famous Japanese meat and veggie BBQ skewers grilled over charcoal in a classic "under the tracks" restaurant. You'll also get the chance to try delicious Ramen, where you can develop your slurping techniques, all of this topped off with a special traditional dessert, where you will have the opportunity to watch it being cooked right in front of your tastebuds.
Evening Tokyo Walking Food Tour of Shimbashi
Language: English , Japanese
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Visit 5 Food stops, including local dishes, desserts and a drink.
- Eat alongside the real workers of Japan and see how they unwind after a long day at the office.
- Walk the backstreets of Shinbashi that only most locals know about.
- Eat and travel with a foodie and get to know Japanese food and local pub culture.
- This area is lost in time and yet remains popular with Japanese locals. Get off the tourist track and taste the real Japan.
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops
- One drink included
- Dessert included
- Local English speaking guide
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food
- Infant (0-2): Free
- Children (3-12): Reduced
SL (Steam Locomotive) Square, 2 Chome-7 Shinbashi, Minato City, Tokyo, Japan
Please meet outside of the Hankyu Men’s Department Store, by the bus stop across from JTB tourist information center.
What to remember
- Public transportation nearby
- Adults only 20 years old and above
- Karaoke After Party available
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Wheelchair accessible
- Pesctarian and Vegetarian friendly
- Not recommended for Vegans and Gluten-free
- • Please be at the departure point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. We have a strict policy about starting our tours on the scheduled time. If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided. We are also unable to accommodate meeting up in any of the food stops once you've missed the start of the tour. • Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Monday to Saturday
- Tour begins at 4.30 pm - 7:30 pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.