Experience Tokyo’s bustling culinary back streets and try several delicious Japanese foods from sushi, yakitori (skewers) to classic Ramen! You'll start your tour by walking through Omoide Yokocho. Filled with rustic food stalls and bars from the 1950s, you will feel as if you stepped back in time to the middle of the 20th century. Enjoy a drink together and some skewers in one of the most charming parts of Tokyo; which will give you a very authentic feeling of Japan as you dine with locals. Head over to Kabukicho, Asia’s largest yet safest, red-light district and learn more about this famous area as your guide explains Japanese izakaya culture, the amazing world of karaoke bars and the famous Robot restaurant, as well as other hidden gems. You will enjoy some fresh local ramen before heading to a local sushi restaurant. You will finish off your tour with a ramble through the back drinking alleys at the Golden Gai (Tokyo’s most popular spot for unique tiny bars, and pub-nightlife)
Kabukicho Izakaya Food Tour and Golden Gai Experience in Shinjuku
Language: English , Spanish , Japanese
Availability: Monday to Sunday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- This tour has a wonderful “hidden gem” atmosphere.
- Try different local dishes at 4 food stops
- Enjoy Shinjuku’s Golden Gai neighborhood known for being Tokyo’s most popular spot for unique izakaya (local pubs), tiny bars and pub nightlife.
- Get a chance to enjoy many kinds of sushi and yakitori (skewers) as well as a classic bowl of delicious Ramen.
- Learn why this district is one of Japan’s most famous entertainment areas.
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- One Drink Included
- Try local dishes at 4 food stops
- Local English speaking guide
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
Japan, 〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿３丁目３８−1
Red post box outside of the police station (Koban) in Shinjuku East Exit
What to remember
- This tour is for adults over 20 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Pescetarian and Vegetarian friendly
- Monday to Sunday
- Tour begins at 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.