Trogir old town walking tour
- Visit a charming UNESCO protected old town
- Admire amazing sights like Ćipiko Palace and St.Lawrence Cathedral
- Learn about the city's milennia-old history
During your walking tour of Trogir's UNESCO-protected Old Town, your local expert guide will take you through the city's intriguing history.The town's orthogonal street plan of this island settlement originates from the Hellenic era – consecutive rulers continued to adorn it with exceptional public and residential buildings and forts. Your tour begins at North Town Gate and from there, you'll set off to discover:
- Town Museum: Trogir's ‘pearl’ located in the Romanesque and Baroque style Garagnin–Fanfogna Palace. The museum’s collections showcase the town's political, cultural and artistic development from its founding through the 20th century.
- 15th-century Ćipiko Palace, a magnificent structure made by connecting two Romanesque buildings located opposite of the cathedral and loggia.
- City Square and its main landmarks: Clock Tower, Rector's Palace, bishop Petar Berislavić born house and more.
- St.Lawrence Cathedral, known for a 15th-century sacristy and treasury containing art made from silver, church vestments, books and archives and other secret and public town wealth.
- Church of St. Barbara. the oldest preserved Croatian church in Trogir (11th century) situated beside the town loggia.
- The Benedicitine monastery of St.Nicholas which displays a third century BC stone panel telling about the city's history
- The waterfront 14th-century St.Dominic's convent, a symbol of art and it's located on the waterfront of Trogir
- The Medieval– Kamerlengo fortress and St.Mark's Tower
- The early 19th-century gloriet built in gratitude to France during the Napoleon wars.
- Licensed local guide
- Walking tour
- Visits to UNESCO-protected sights
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (prepare cca 80 kn)
- Children: 13 years old and under
- North Town Gate
- Dress code is smart and casual
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed in places of worship and select museums
- Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund
- Daily: 10.00am
Cycling through lush green valleys, vineyards and olive groves is just a few of the things you can e...
The Korcula archipelago's 20 islands, islets and cliffs stand out for their beauty even in such as b...
A bit of adventure is required for the best panoramic views of Dubrovnik. And this sea-kayaking tour...
Croatia's Dalmatian coast is home to one of the country's most beautiful nature parks – Biokovo. And...
A land of lakes, waterfalls and gorgeous gorges, Krka National Park is well worth a day trip from Za...
There are more than 1,000 islands in Croatia – but few are more beautiful than the 13 in the Elaphit...