Trogir old town walking tour
- Visit a charming UNESCO protected old town
- Admire amazing sights like Ćipiko Palace and St.Lawrence Cathedral
- Learn about the city's milennia-old history
During your walking tour of Trogir's UNESCO-protected Old Town, your local expert guide will take you through the city's intriguing history.The town's orthogonal street plan of this island settlement originates from the Hellenic era – consecutive rulers continued to adorn it with exceptional public and residential buildings and forts. Your tour begins at North Town Gate and from there, you'll set off to discover:
- Town Museum: Trogir's ‘pearl’ located in the Romanesque and Baroque style Garagnin–Fanfogna Palace. The museum’s collections showcase the town's political, cultural and artistic development from its founding through the 20th century.
- 15th-century Ćipiko Palace, a magnificent structure made by connecting two Romanesque buildings located opposite of the cathedral and loggia.
- City Square and its main landmarks: Clock Tower, Rector's Palace, bishop Petar Berislavić born house and more.
- St.Lawrence Cathedral, known for a 15th-century sacristy and treasury containing art made from silver, church vestments, books and archives and other secret and public town wealth.
- Church of St. Barbara. the oldest preserved Croatian church in Trogir (11th century) situated beside the town loggia.
- The Benedicitine monastery of St.Nicholas which displays a third century BC stone panel telling about the city's history
- The waterfront 14th-century St.Dominic's convent, a symbol of art and it's located on the waterfront of Trogir
- The Medieval– Kamerlengo fortress and St.Mark's Tower
- The early 19th-century gloriet built in gratitude to France during the Napoleon wars.
- Licensed local guide
- Walking tour
- Visits to UNESCO-protected sights
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees (prepare cca 80 kn)
- Children: 13 years old and under
- North Town Gate
- Dress code is smart and casual
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed in places of worship and select museums
- Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund
- Daily: 10.00am
Don’t miss this perfect opportunity to learn more about the wonderful historical town of Sibenik. Th...
Color your day with a trip to the unique and highly interesting old city of Trogir, only a few kms a...
The earliest record of a permanent settlement in Pula dates back to the 10th century BC. Founded by ...
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to taste traditional Croatian wines and snacks in a famous...
Your tour will start with pick-up from your accommodation in Zadar. You will drive through coastal a...
The old town of Zadar is also home to the largest Roman Forum on this side of the Adriatic coast. On...