Wondering why Tromsø is nicknamed “The Gateway to the Arctic”? Join this city tour to find out! Travel through time starting at the end of the ice-age, jumping into the 1800s, and ending with contemporary life in Tromsø. Let the local guide take you around the city center on foot as you visit Tromsø’s most iconic places, tell stories about famous Arctic explorers, and show you statues, memorials, architecture, and historical buildings. Visit the Polar Museum and build up your appetite for a delicious lunch at one of the guides' favorite local restaurant!
Tromsø city walk
Availability: See Calendar
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Travel through time on a historical journey
- Learn about life from the ice-age to contemporary life in Tromso
- Build up your appetite for lunch with the locals
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Expert guide
- Entrance to the Polar Museum
- Lunch at a favorite local restaurant
Samuel Arnesens gate 5, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
You will meet the guide at the Northern Norway Travel Shop at Tromsø Havn Prostneset
What to remember
- Minimum age for participation is 7 years
- Small group tours (Minimum 4 people, maximum of 15 people)
- Don't forget to bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing (ie. hat, gloves, warm boots, etc)
- Your camera to take some amazing photos!
- Please advise of any food allergies prior to the tour
- The tour may be canceled if the weather conditions are dangerous, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
- The tour may be slightly modified and adapted if need be
- Please see the calendar for updated time and availability
Northern Norway Travel
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.