Telling stories through art for almost 90 years, the Vancouver Art Gallery is the largest public art museum in Western Canada and one of this country’s most respected and dynamic cultural institutions. The Gallery’s ground-breaking exhibitions, extensive public programs, and emphasis on advancing scholarship all focus on historical and contemporary art from British Columbia and around the world. Special attention is paid to the accomplishments of Indigenous artists, as well as to the arts of the Asia Pacific region—through the Institute of Asian Art that the Gallery founded in 2014. The Gallery’s programs also explore the impacts of images in the larger sphere of visual culture, design and architecture. Enhance your experience with a guided tour of the exhibitions or get creative as a family with engaging art-making activities available every Sunday. Exit through the Gallery Store to find unique gifts, or refresh at the 1931 Gallery Bistro and enjoy its exquisite rooftop patio.
Attractions & guided tours
Vancouver Art Gallery tickets
Availability: See calendar
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Enjoy the largest public art museum in Western Canada
- See historical and contemporary art from British Columbia and around the world
- Enjoy the stunning rooftop patio of the Gallery's Bistro
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance ticket
- Youth (age 5-12)
- Students with a valid ID
- Seniors (age 65+)
750 Hornby Street Vancouver BC V6Z 2H7
Present your ticket at the Gallery in exchange for a timed-entry admission ticket at the Admissions Desk.
What to remember
- All visitors are required to wear a mask, face shield or face covering. If you do not have a mask, disposable ones are available for CAD 1 at the Admissions and Membership Desks
- All purchasers must show their tickets in person at the Gallery in exchange for a timed-entry admission ticket at the Admissions Desk
- If the Gallery is at capacity when you drop-in, you will be booked during the next available time slot
- Visitors are currently being admitted at 60-minute intervals
- The suggested visit time is approximately 90 minutes
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 10.00am-5.00pm
- Tuesday: 12.00-8.00pm (by donation from 5.00pm-8.00pm)
- Friday: 12.00pm-8.00pm
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Vancouver Art Gallery
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.