Creation of the Forcola with a gondola’s craftsman
- Enjoy a unique activity to experience Venice as a local
- Discover the legendary art of making a Forcola
- Learn more about the history and legends associated with gondolas and gondoliers
Enjoy an amazing experience with Piero Dri, one of the few artisans that still creates the famous gondola’s Forcola; this is a type of rowlock used by the gondolier to move the boat along the waterways and the Canal Grande. Each forcola is a unique piece since it is specifically designed for its personal gondolier according to his height and rowing needs.
Meet Piero in his workshop in the heart of Venice (5 minutes from Rialto Bridge) and begin your lesson; he’ll show you the procedure used to create this magic item. During the experience he will explain the history, reveal secrets and narrate legends of gondolas and Venetian gondoliers.
In front of your eyes the master artisan will create this unique Venetian artwork that has the actual shape after centuries of experimentation
- Tour with live commentary
Calle dell'Oca, 4231, 30121 Cannaregio, Venice VE, Italy
- Il Forcolaio Matto
- From Campo Santo Apostoli, go straight on Strada Nova until you reach “Campo Santa Sofia". On your left, you will see Santa Sofia Gondola Landing stage. Go right to a narrow street and you will find the workshop “Il Forcolaio Matto”, with a huge Forcola sign outside
- The activity does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after, otherwise it will be refunded)
- The tour will be held in both English and Italian
- From 10th July 2019 to 31st October 2020
- From Monday to Friday at 12:00 pm
- The tour does not take place on the following dates: 8th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st December and 1st January
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
Enjoy this wine tasting in a typical Venice bar and feel just like in a wine yard: you will taste fo...
Enjoy a panoramic walking tour with a specialized tourist guide of the area near Piazza San Marco an...
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the ancient history of the Serenissima Rep...
This experience takes place in a beautiful loft-style cooking school in Verona’s historical center. ...