Exclusive Saint Mark's Basilica after hours tour
- Unique, guided walking tour of the Basilica after hours, without the crowds!
- Visit the Pala d'Oro, the “Golden Altar”, and areas not open to the masses, such as the crypt
This exclusive evening walking tour will provide you access to Saint Mark’s Basilica, one of the most spectacular cathedrals in the world, after closing time with no crowds! Enter this Byzantine treasure trove with just your guide and the church custodian, after hours. Leave the crowds outside, while you discover the peace and serenity of this spiritual location, what was once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice. Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, your specialized guide will introduce you another side of Venice and its origins. Enjoy fantastic tales of tyranny and embrace the dynamic history of Venice, whilst discovering the history of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring building in Venice, Saint Mark’s Basilica.
Your passionate, and expert guide will explain the intricate works and history of the ornate decoration found throughout this architectural masterpiece. Witness the Pala d’Oro, one Italy’s most refined and accomplished examples of Byzantine enamel, decorated in gold and with over 1,900 gems. As the Basilica, has been opened just for this intimate tour, you will also have the opportunity to visit areas that otherwise are not open to the masses, such as the crypt, where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid and the main altar. There will be no more than 6 groups in any one time in the Basilica, and therefore, ensuring this one-and-a-half-hour tour is a once-in-a lifetime experience behind closed doors. Don’t wait any longer, book now on line as this is an exclusive tour with limited access.
- Exclusive access into Saint Mark's Basilica after hours
- 1 hour and 30 minutes guided walking tour
- Highly qualified tour guide
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica and the treasury
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Senior (aged 65-99): reduced
- Student (aged 13-22): reduced
- Child (aged 4-12): reduced
- Infant (aged 0-3): free of charge
Calle de la Canonica, 305, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Meet directly in Piazzetta dei Leoncini which is on the left hand side when facing the Saint Mark's Basilica in St. Mark's Square, Venice. Look for our assistant who will be holding a bright orange umbrella.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- The tour will take place rain or shine
- Groups of 15 people or less; a maximum of 6 groups per day
- Wednesday and Friday at 07.00pm or 08.00pm
See St. Mark’s like almost no one else… almost alone! Explore the most famous sight in Venice and on...
The tour starts with a short introduction surrounding the area of Rialto, and just why it is one of ...
Take this tour sailing by motor boat along the grand canal and you can admire the magnificent palace...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Jump with us behind the scenes of the Doge’s Palace of Venice and deviate from the touristic routes ...
Enjoy the most appreciated and traditional sides of Venice combined in a single itinerary lasting ap...
This gastronomic walking tour will wet your tastebuds and allow you to discover the delights of the ...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
The tour includes a visit to three typical bars of Venice, with a tasting, in each one, of a glass o...
Enjoy a walking tour (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...