Wachau Winery Bike Tour
- Visit the picturesque town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned taverns
- Bike along the most beautiful stretch of the Danube River
- See the former prison of King Richard the Lionheart
- Discover century-old terraced vineyards
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away from Vienna. On our day trip from Vienna, we catch the train to Krems and then start our bike ride on flat paths surrounded by terraced vineyards. After lunch, we spend the afternoon learning about Austria’s wine and history while meeting new friends. Along the way we visit charming Austrian villages before arriving back in Krems and returning to Vienna by train at the end of the day. It’s a day you will remember long after your travels end.
- Meeting point at the office
- Travel together to Krems by train *Bike from Krems to Dürnstein
- 1st wine tasting in Dürnstein
- Climb the ancient medieval Ruins of Dürnstein Castle
- Lunch at a local traditional restaurant (optional)
- Ride to Weissenkirchen
- 2nd wine tasting at a local family-owned wine tavern
- Bike back to Krems (possible 3rd wine tasting time)
- Travel back to Vienna by train
- Expert Guide
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau
- Bike Rental
- Two wine tastings
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
Children under 15 years 49,00 €
Vienna Explorer Office
Meet your guide at the Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
Arriving by Metro U2 or U4 Schottenring station, take exit "Schottenring" or "Salztorbrücke"
- This is a shared group tour of maximum 18 participants per group
- Check in is 15 minutes before departure: 9.15am
- The total distance of the ride is 25 kilometeres
- Tour operates under all weather conditions
- 100% guarantee that your tour will go ahead
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted
The tour departs at 9:30am
Visit the Danube Tower, the tallest structure in Austria, for an amazing view of Vienna. Step inside...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
The Leopold Collection is one of the most important collections of modern Austrian art in the world ...
During this walking tour of Vienna, you will learn all about one of the most beautiful cities in the...