Mount Vernon and Arlington National Cemetery full-day tour
- Explore historic Mount Vernon and its vast grounds
- Enjoy a walking tour of Old Town Alexandria
- Visit Arlington National Cemetery and see many famous memorials
Begin this full-day, guided tour with a visit to historic Mount Vernon Estates, a top tourist site located on the banks of the Potomac River. With your ticket in hand, you'll arrive early enough to beat the crowds. Wander the grounds along with the outlying building, museum, education center and over 20 galleries and theaters! Then board the bus again and wander through Old Town Alexandria before heading to Arlington National Cemetery in the afternoon.
NOTE: Arlington National Cemetery's tram has six stops on weekdays and nine on weekends. Guests may get off at any stop, then board the next tram to the following stop. It is recommended to only get off at the Kennedy Gravesite stop and Memorial Amphitheatre Stop (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Changing of the Guard) to hold with your regular motorcoach time. Here is the list of stops at Arlington:
- Welcome Center
- Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) - there is a 5-10 minute walk to the memorial from the tram stop
- President John F. Kennedy Gravesite
- U.S. Coast Guard Memorial
- General Pershing Gravesite
- Memorial Amphitheatre and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Arlington House (AKA Robert E. Lee House)
On the weekends, the following stops are added:
- Sections 54 and 55
- Columbarium and Niche Wall
- Section 60 and 9/11 Memorial
- All admissions
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and beverages
- Optional gratuities
- Children ages 3-11 years old: reduced
50 Massachusetts Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Tour will not run on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving or Christmas Day
- The bus will depart from Union Station and head first to Mount Vernon Estates (from 9.00am until 1.30pm). Guests should plan on having lunch at the cafe. From around 2.30pm until 4.30pm, the tour group will remain at Arlington National Cemetery
- Motorcoach drivers are licensed, D.C. sightseeing guides, but they do not get off and accompany guests to each memorial as they are responsible for the bus itself
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9.00am until 6.00pm
- Tour runs through December 31, 2019
There's no better way to discover the top sights of the nation's capital than on a full-day tour abo...
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
Skip the crowded sidewalks and enjoy a ride on an all-electric Red Roadsters for an exhilarating tou...
If you want to have a comprehensive view of Washington, D.C., this two-in-one grand tour is for you!...
Discover the historic sights of Washington, D.C. by night on a twilight bus tour! Witness the monume...
Spend the day touring the nation’s capital, by visiting historical landmarks and monuments - such as...
On this 4-hour tour, you’ll find unique opportunities to explore and learn the history behind each s...
On this action-packed driving tour you will explore the city with some of the best and most knowledg...
On this small, two-hour Journey from the Renaissance to Impressionism walking tour, you'll explore t...
This foodie tour of Washington DC will reveal everything about the people who brought this great cit...