Private and Semi-Private Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History tour
- See of the museum’s focal points as you stroll through exhibits about land and sea life
- Feast your eyes on a 46 karat Hope diamond
- Learn about rituals in Ancient Egypt and see real mummies
This tour will lead you through the museum’s focal points as you stroll through exhibits about land and sea life. The museum collection of 126.5 million artifacts is held in a purpose-built structure that takes up the same space as 18 football fields! Your trusty guide will be there to make sure you don’t get lost in this massive space. Feast your eyes on a 46 karat Hope diamond, with its brilliant blue sparkle with surely catch your eyes. The diamond was once owned by Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette before disappearing during the French revolution and going through several hands before landing at the Smithsonian. Going through the collection of gems and jewels, you’ll lock eyes with the Dom Pedro aquamarine, the largest gem of its kind. After the glitz and glamour of looking at gems, you’ll turn the corner to find yourself face-to-face with real mummies and learn about rituals in Ancient Egypt. You’ll also get the chance to see life-size specimens of giraffes, elephants, polar bears, and other land mammals. Next on the agenda is visiting the real-life coral reef exhibit bringing the sea to you. Learn about Phoenix, the 45-ton whale that has been monitored by the museum and see the life-size replica.
- Professional tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560
Corner of 10th St. & Constitution Ave in front of the entrance of the National Museum of Natural History.
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability
- Daily at 10.00am
Your VIP Tour begins at the Capitol Visitors Center. Beat the long entrance lines and experience Was...
Whether you're a tourist or local seeking to experience Washington, D.C. with an effortless glide, t...
There is no other tour that will bring you to more of Washington, D.C.'s top sights than this one. T...
On this guided walking tour, you’ll be seeing a collection of iconic outdoor monuments. Explore the ...
An extensive collection of art ranging from Renaissance artists, the French Impressionists, and grea...
The National Archives holds one of the most famous documents in the foundation of the United States ...