Even though 8 million people visit the Yorkshire Dales National Park every year, it is a peaceful and tranquil area, with beautiful scenery. This tour allows you to discover the Dales in just one day, taking in stunning villages and historical castles as you go. First stop is Sedbergh, a picturesque town at the foot of the Howgill Fells which you will visit before heading to the Settle to Carlisle Railway line, a famous track whose viaducts feature in many films. Next you'll visit Swaledale, where you can enjoy the views of James Herriot countryside. If cheese is more your thing, then the stop at Hawes will be right up your street as it's home to the famous Wensleydale Creamery. Wallace and Gromit would be jealous. During your lunch break you'll also have time to explore beautiful Reeth, a bustling and traditional market town. If you're a history buff then visiting Bolton Castle will be a fascinating highlight, as you'll discover Mary, Queen of Scot's imporisonment there. You'll enjoy the countryside as you drive, before arriving in Dent famous for its knitters and brewery. This trip allows you to see the National Park's highlights in one day and will certainly whet your appetite for further exploration of the fantastic and unique Dales.
Tour of the Yorkshire Dales from Windermere
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 8 hours 15 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Get a taste for the Dales in this jam-packed day of exploration
- Discover Sedbergh, a picturesque town at the foot of the Howgill Fells
- Spy the Settle to Carlisle Railway, a famous and awesome train line
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Transport in a 16 seater mini-bus
- On-board commentary in English
- Pick-up service from selected hotels
What's not included
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 5-17)
Tourist Information Centre, Windermere LA23 1AD, UK
Please meet your tour at Windermere Tourist Information Centre.
What to remember
- This tour is a guided scenic mini-coach tour, but there are times when you will have the option to walk up to a few hundred metres to take in a view or point of interest
- This tour is unsuitable for children under 5
- All passengers must have their own seat
- This tour departs on Wednesdays at 9.15am
- The tour will return at approximately 5.30pm
- This tour is available from March until November
Mountain Goat Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.