Yosemite National Park day tour
- Spend the day in the magnificent Yosemite National Park
- See El Capitan, Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, Bridalveil Fall and more
- Enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore the park at your own pace
Yosemite is a magnificent wilderness only a few hours’ drive from San Francisco. A Yosemite Day Tour from San Francisco will complete your trip to Northern California. Your day in Yosemite park includes a guided tour of Yosemite Valley with informative and professional guides providing history and insight into one of the earth’s best examples of a glaciated valley.
You’ll stop to photograph Yosemite’s amazing rock formations, expansive skylines and astounding waterfalls. You’ll also have free time alone to walk, hike, bike, swim and reflect on the beauty and grandeur of this natural wonder. From door-step to door-step, the breathtaking beauty of one of California’s most unique landscapes will give you memories to last a lifetime!
6.15am – 7.00am: Pick up from select San Francisco hotels
7.00am – 10.00am: Heading east across the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge offers great views of the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz Island, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Golden Gate Bridge. En route to the park you’ll cross through the Central Valley, the largest agricultural region in the United States and famous for its rich volcanic soil. The section you drive through is best known for specialty fruits and nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cherries, and strawberries. You’ll make a stop at a fruit stand where you can experience the local produce. After this quick rest stop, you’ll drive into the rolling foothills of the Sierra Nevadas.
10.00am – 11.30am: Continuing into the mountains brings you to California gold country and through towns that began during the gold rush before you wind your way into Yosemite National Park. Your guide will provide history, stories, and practical information as you enter Yosemite’s glaciated valley. Because of the group size, there will be multiple photo stops in the tour so you can better enjoy your time in the park.
12.00pm: During the tour you’ll see Yosemite Valley from a number of great vantage points, perhaps the best of which is a photo stop at Tunnel View. At 4,500 feet above sea level, this viewpoint gives you a spectacular view looking east into the valley.
12.45pm: From the drop off location, you’ll have approximately 3 hours of free time to explore the valley as you choose. You can walk to the base of Yosemite Falls, check out the visitor center, visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, stop in at the Ahwahnee Hotel, rent a cruiser bike, or hike some of the trails that originate from the valley. Although you could spend three weeks in Yosemite, the three hours you get on your own is enough time to understand why Yosemite is one of America’s most popular national parks.
3.30pm: Regrouping again in the late afternoon, you’ll head back to San Francisco, stopping for a short break before arriving back in the city.
8.30pm – 9.00pm: Arrive back at your lodging
The tour is tailored to the needs of your small group. While it is guaranteed that the guides will do their best to provide you with all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), it is not guaranteed to do them in this specific order
- Complimentary pickup/drop off from select San Francisco hotels
- Professional, knowledgeable guide
- Narrated in-coach tour of Yosemite (1.5 hrs)
- 3 hours of free time in the Valley
- Yosemite Park entrance fee
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in biofuel mini-coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals (stops will be made to purchase food)
- Children 0-12
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Hotel pickup confirmation required for this tour. You must call at least 24 hours prior to departure to set exact pickup time and location
- All times are approximate due to weather and traffic conditions
- Tour guides tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group
- If you’re running late and will not make it to your pickup location on time, please call the number provided immediately
- Suggested gear: May-October:
- Camera & charger
- Small bag that can fit under seat
- Spending money for incidentals and lunch
- Sneakers or hiking boots
- Swimwear, towel, sandals (optional)
- Bug spray
- Sun protection
- Water bottle
- November - April: Winter temperatures in Yosemite are on average 50 F/10 C, but can be as low as 28 F/-2 C
- Additional items recommended are:
- Warm clothing, coat
- Knit hat, glove
- Pick-ups begin at 6.00am
- You must call and confirm the exact time of departure and pickup location
This one-day combination of Yosemite National Park and the Giant Sequoias tour from San Francisco is...
All aboard for a sightseeing cruise in Miami along beautiful Biscayne Bay! This tour features Miami'...
Cruise under both the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge in one spectacular cruise along San Fran...
Washington, DC is the center of American government and politics – and this tour will let you experi...
Gear up for possibly the most fun walking tour you've ever had! This three-hour cocktail history tou...
On this tour, go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entert...
Hop aboard the tour bus and follow your guide across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods National M...
You may have seen New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art before, but you've never seen it like this. ...
Whether you're a tourist or local seeking to experience Washington, D.C. with an effortless glide, t...
The Kennedy Space Center is the ultimate destination for space enthusiasts! Upon arrival, you'll be ...