Day trip to Mount Stanserhorn from Zurich
- Experience a vintage funicular train ride
- Take the unique open top aerial cable car to Mount Stanserhorn
- Visit the Marmot Park on the top of the mountain
- Enjoy the charming old town of Lucerne
Travel through gorgeous countryside to the charming town of Lucerne. Experience a ride by vintage funicular train followed by the world's first open-top aerial cable car to the peak of Mt. Stanserhorn. Enjoy the spectacular views of the Swiss Alps from the turning restaurant.
You’ll take a scenic coach journey through beautiful countryside via the Albis Pass and along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne. On a short introductory city tour you’ll visit the impressive Lion Monument and see the most eminent landmarks like the Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Concert and Congress Hall. After that, enjoy the leisure time to stroll Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continue the tour by boarding the vintage funicular train for an unforgettable ride through blooming meadows to the valley station of the World’s first CabriO! The latest masterpiece of Swiss engineering is a unique open-top aerial cable car taking you up to Mt. Stanserhorn (1900m). The unimpaired view from the roofless upper deck of the gondola is truly memorable. On the top of the mountain, a magnificent panorama over ten lakes, 100 kilometers of the alpine mountain range and three countries awaits you. Take the short hike around the peak and visit the Marmot Park to watch cute animals play. Relish a typically Swiss dish in the revolving restaurant Rondorama before you descend back to the city of Stans.
You will get back to Lucerne by public train, and you can enjoy some additional time in this lovely city. Meet your guide in the evening for the coach ride back to Zurich.
Our professional, multilingual guide accompanies the tour from Zurich to Stans and from Lucerne to Zurich. The way up and down Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information.
- Partly live guided in English and German
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Vintage cable car and CabriO aerial cable car
- Panorama drive to Lucerne
- Short introduction city tour of Lucerne
- Marmot park
- Public train ride Stans - Lucerne
- Personal expenses
- Rate for children from 6 to 15 years: Half price
- Infants up to 5 years: Free of charge but need to be registered
Limmatstrasse 5, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The departure place, the Sihlquai Coach Terminal, is located behind the train station next to the hotel Walhalla (Limmatstrasse 5). The meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- You are recommended to bring warm clothes, sunglasses and a pair of solid shoes
- A multilingual guide will join the tour from Zurich to Stanserhorn and from Lucerne to Zurich. No guide on the mountain and on the train ride to Lucerne
- Tour operates from May to October daily at 9.30am
- Meeting time 15 minutes before
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi. Relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the ...
This excursion will take you with a small group to the idyllic region of Eastern Switzerland. Visit ...
Explore one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions on this full-day excursion. You will vis...
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps from the Rotair revolving cable car bringing you up t...
This full day excursion will take you to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Locat...
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland. This tour follows a scenic route, passing through stunning l...
Visit the most charming city of Switzerland! See Lucerne's main sights, the Chapel Bridge, the Lion ...
Discover Lucerne, one of the most beautiful cities in the Swiss Alps, and enjoy an ultimate winter a...
Escape the city for a full-day excursion to one of Switzerland’s most attractive alpine regions, the...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...