Bode Museum skip-the-line tickets
- Be fascinated by Late Antique and Byzantine Art
- Marvel at the masterpieces of the sculpture collection
- Learn more about coins from different epochs of history
The Bode Museum, first inaugurated in 1904 with the name of the Kaiser Friedrich-Museum in honor of the emperor Friedrich the III, was given the name it now holds in 1956, in honor of its first curator known for his creative exhibitions, mixing the pieces and historical periods, creating displays by using his own themes.
The building was designed by Ernst von Ihne and has the appearance of a structure immerging directly from the Spree River but was greatly damaged during the war. It took many years to restore the building and dome to its previous beauty. A serious renovation started in 1997 and continued well into the new millennium.
Today the museum’s Sculpture collection features great pieces of art from the Christian Orient, sculptures and pieces from the Middle Ages, art from the Italian Gothic era and the early Renaissance, just to name a few of the museum’s featured displays.
A Numismatic collection was opened to the public in 2004, on the 100th anniversary of the museum’s inauguration, and is to this day one of the world’s biggest and best known coin collections.
- Skip the line entrance to Bode Museum
- Children and Youth (ages 0-17): free. Note: under-18s require a ticket even though entrance is free
- For all kinds of reduction, please show a valid document
Am Kupfergraben, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Please note: the ticket is not refundable
- Every day except Monday from 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Thursday from 10.00am to 8.00pm
- On public holidays sometimes reduced opening; closed on December 31st
Discover Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain, alternative lifestyles, streetlife, markets, ba...
Experience the inner City of Berlin from Friedrichstrasse. Their attractions from the river perspect...
Eine einmalige Situation ergab sich nach dem Fall der Mauer in Berlin: inmitten einer bestehenden Gr...
Lassen Sie sich vom Checkpoint Charlie über den Potsdamer Platz und dem letzten original Wachturm de...
The Havel classic invites you to a two-hour cruise on the southwestern Havel lakes. Enjoy two hours ...
bundesliga: Hertha BSC Berlin - Eintracht Frankfurt 08-12-2018 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany Deli...