Enjoy a full-day tour experiencing traditional Zulu culture and customs visiting the largest "kraal" in Zululand. Witness the making of beads, clay pots, shield & spier making, as well as the building of huts. For the brave, sample traditional homemade beer and join the dancers and singers of the triBe. Meet a real iSangoma (traditional healer). and enjoy a delicious lunch in the village.
Excursions & day trips
Shakaland full-day tour from Durban
Availability: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 8 hours to 9 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn about Zulu culture and their customs
- Sample traditional Zulu beer
- Watch Zulu dancers and drummers as they perform the traditional Zulu War Dance
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated areas
What's not included
- Meeting an iSangoma (traditional healer) comes at an additional charge
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off beyond specified area
- Child (2-11): reduced
Durban, South Africa
Pick-up available from Durban beachfront hotels. You will receive our local supplier's contact details after booking
What to remember
- Please note, children up to 3 years old must use appropriate child car seats, which must be reserved at the time of booking and are subject to current availability
- Minimum age: 2 years old
- Minimum 2 guests
- Please contact our local provider at least 48 hours before the tour to schedule your pick-up time and location
- This tour is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only starting at 8.30am
- Pick-up available from Durban beachfront hotels
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.