Best of Renaissance and Medieval Florence walking tour
- A guided walk to discover the main monuments of Florence
- History, art, curiosity and anecdotes by an experienced local guide
- Admire the churches, palaces, streets and the most beautiful squares of the city
- San Lorenzo, the Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and much more
Visit the best sights of Florence with this walking tour. You'll see the Basilica of San Lorenzo, the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptistery, Dante’s House, the Badia Fiorentina, the Bargello, Ponte Vecchio, the Straw Market, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio and the Uffizi square (from the outside).
With an engaging local guide, you'll start from the historic Central Market, with its workshops and multicolored stalls, where you can find the Medici Chapels and the Basilica of San Lorenzo, the church of the Medici family.
You'll admire the beauty of the Palazzo Medici Riccardi and in no time you'll reach Piazza del Duomo, where you can admire the impressive Cathedral with the Brunelleschi's Dome, the Giotto's bell tower and the Baptistery of S. John with the Gates of Paradise.
The tour continues visiting the medieval quarters where Dante Alighieri (the great poet of the Divine Comedy) and Beatrice lived and where you also find the beautiful Badia Fiorentina with its characteristic hexagonal tower.
Further ahead is the austere Bargello Palace. Walking along the Arno river you'll reach the Ponte Vecchio, the famous "jewels bridge". Then you'll proceed to the picturesque Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market), where is the famous Fontana del Porcellino.
Not too far away, there is the elegant Piazza della Signoria, a great outdoor sculpture museum, dominated by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. Next to it the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most important museums in the world. By crossing the bridge, you will reach the wonderful Pitti Palace where the tour ends.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Guided visit
- Earphones for a minimum of 15 pax
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0–6 years old: free of charge
- Children 7–12 years old: reduced fee
Piazza San Lorenzo, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
9.15am, at the statue located in the center of the square.
- From November to March - English (min 2 pax); Spanish, French, German, Italian (min 4 pax)
- From April to October - English (min 2 pax), French, German, Italian (min 4 pax); on Saturday and Sunday, Portuguese (min 2 pax)
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 9.30 am
- From April to October: every day at 9.30 am
- Check-in time: 15 minutes before departure
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
Have you ever wondered why Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance? An excellent and complete...
An unforgettable guided walk in the center of a UNESCO World Heritage city, to learn about the histo...
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’s hi...
Jump onboard your CitySightseeing red open-top double-decker bus and get to know the gorgeous Italia...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO Wor...
Pisa is one of the most visited cities in Tuscany. It is famous for its Leaning Tower and the beauti...
A guided Tuscan cooking class where you will learn how to create a complete 4-course meal, before sa...
Tour Florence with your family in just 3 hours: you and your children will hit the most important si...