Florence Cathedral and Baptistery with Matroneum guided visit
- Experience the Byzantine mosaics and splendid marble floor of the Baptistery
- Explore the Cathedral with this guided tour
- Sample wine, cheese, and balsamic vinegar
- Visit Giotto's bell tower, and the crypt of Santa Reparata
Tour with exclusive visit and 72h ticket to the Duomo complex: Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell tower and Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (except the Brunelleschi’s Dome).
Travel back in time and experience the beauty firsthand of the oldest monument in Florence's Cathedral complex: the Baptistery. Here you'll be able to admire the Romanesque architecture and learn about its secrets from an experienced professional guide.
You'll start your guided tour with a video describing the creation and evolution of the Cathedral and its complex. Special images and reconstructions will come to life as your official guide will take you up to the Matroneum, a raised gallery once reserved for women only. From this lofty view you'll be able to gaze upon the splendid mosaics and stunning marble floor of the Baptistery.
Your guide will also take you through the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, giving you the chance to marvel at the beautiful art and restorations of this structural masterpiece.
When your tour is over, you are invited to sample some pleasant Chianti wine with a delectable bite of cheese and balsamic vinegar. The visit doesn't stop there. Your ticket will also grant you access to other structures in the Cathedral complex. On your own you can visit the crypt of St. Reparata, and Giotto's bell tower. The Renaissance is yours to explore!
- Caf Tour’s staff assistance
- Introductory movie to the history of Florence and to the Cathedral complex
- Guide authorized by Opera Santa Maria del Fiore
- 72h entrance ticket for the Cathedral complex monuments
- Taste of Chianti wine, cheese and balsamic vinegar
- Access to the dome
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
- Children 6-11 years old: reduced price
Piazza di San Giovanni, 19red, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
- In front of the Scudieri Cafè
- From November 2018 to March 2019 at 03:45pm
- From April 2019 to October 2019 at 04:15pm
- Note: until March 2019 the guided tour will be preceded by the vision of an introductory video on the Duomo Complex. From April 2019. due to the unavailability of the Opera del Duomo dedicated space, the video projection will be suspended until further notice.
- Every Monday
- From November 2018 to March 2019 at 4.00pm
- From April 2019 to October 2019 at 04:30pm
The tour of the Grande Museo del Duomo (Great Museum of the Cathedral) is a single great itinerary t...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO Wor...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile over a UNESCO World Heritage are...
Experience the exciting discovery of the places and paths of Palazzo Vecchio that are not accessible...
Enjoy intimate small group walking tour through the historical city centre of Florence This small gr...
Take a guided tour of the Palatine Gallery and the Royal Apartments to experience the private art co...
Benvenuto a Palazzo Pitti, scegli di vivere un’esperienza a corte con questo tour di gruppo: la Fire...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile through a UNESCO World Heritage ...
Have a comprehensive experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Tuscany, known all over the ...
Take a whole day to explore the wonders of Florence. This comprehensive Cradle of Renaissance experi...