Tuscany day trip with Chianti, Siena and San Gimignano
- Learn about the famous Palio horse race on your walking tour of Siena
- See San Gimignano, a UNESCO Medieval town with unique and beautiful architecture
- Indulge in an all-inclusive lunch of regional specialties at an authentic Tuscan family farm
- Relax with your expert driver in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
If you want to enjoy the best of Tuscany’s culture, food and history without the hassle of trying to find your way around its beautiful but often confusing country roads, our small group Tuscany day tour is the perfect option for you. All you have to do is indulge your senses with wine, food and medieval architecture that exists nowhere else in the world.
- Before even leaving Florence you’ll be treated to a local secret – the jaw-dropping view of the city from the Piazzale Michelangelo - from which you can take postcard-perfect shots of the Arno, the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio, the Bargello and the bell tower of the Badia Fiorentina.
- Next we’ll spirit you out of the city and over to Siena, one of the best-preserved examples of medieval Italian architecture in the world. Spared German bombing in World War 2, this time capsule of ancient, precarious-looking buildings is home to the Palio, one of the greatest and most dangerous horse races in the world. Follow your expert guide to explore its narrow streets and see the breathtaking Siena Cathedral.
- Walking the hills of Tuscan towns will make you hungry and thirsty so your next top is an authentic Italian family farm where some of our good friends will give you a behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyards, winery, and wine cellars before sitting you down for a sumptuous, all-inclusive lunch of local, seasonal ingredients — and of course, plenty of Chianti wines.
- After indulging your taste buds, we will indulge your imagination with a final stop at San Gimignano, a town of such unique architectural beauty it has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Shop for Tuscan culinary delicacies in the rustic, winding streets, or learn about the architectural marvels of the famous Medieval tower houses that punctuate the city like sentinels of times long past.
Sites visited until 28 February 2018:
- Piazzale Michelangelo, for views over Florence
- Chianti farmhouse & vineyard
- San Gimignano
- Expert, English-speaking tour leader throughout (may be split between 2 vehicles for journeys)
- Lunch and wine tasting in Chianti
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transport
- Professional driver (separate to tour leader)
- Small groups of only 14 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza della Repubblica, 10R, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
By the Carousel in Piazza della Repubblica.
- This tour includes a full lunch. If you have any dietary requirements please contact us before booking and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
Meeting & Departure Time:
Until 28 February 2018:
Departure Time: 9:00 AM (Meeting time strictly at 8:45 AM)
From 01 March 2018:
Departure Time: 8:30 AM (Meeting time strictly at 8:15 AM)
11 January 2018 - 28 February 2018
- Mondays, Saturdays
01 March 2018 - 30 April 2018
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
01 May 2018 - 31 October 2018
- Daily except Tuesdays
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...