Districts we visit: Baixa and surroundings
Enjoy the flavors of the Portuguese Cuisine in Lisbon’s traditional places.
The guide will give you lots of insider tips for Wine, Petiscos, Food, Fado and good company! Just bring your appetite!
Find out about Lisbon’s great Cafés, such as the 18th-century Café Nicola (this café was opened in 1787 by an Italian man, one of Lisbon’s most literary cafés and a place for tertúlias) and discover where you can find another coffee landmarks in the city. You will know more about Portugal’s strong café-culture.
- Try the famous Portuguese Codfish Cake with a glass of refreshing Green Wine.
- Learn about the historical center of the city, also the center for the nightlife, full of bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
- Take a look at all the delicious and exotic products on display at an old gourmet shop, from dried, salted Bacalhau – now one of Portugal´s most traditional dishes - to the sausages, hams and cheeses, and learn all their secrets.
- Learn the history of Port, Portugal’s famous fortified wine, and then try it with the delicious São Jorge Cheese.
- Visit one of the most famous Tascas in Lisbon, where you´ll taste a typical Bifana (pork Sandwish) watered down with a cold draft beer.
- Learn the history of Ginjinha, the favourite liqueur of many Portuguese, considered the drink of Lisbon, and try it at the first place that started to sell it in 1840.
- Learn tricks to climb the hills of Lisbon and enjoy one of the most fantastic views of the city, while your guide will explain what food to try and what restaurants to visit in each of the neighborhoods.
- Finish your tour in style, in a true local venue, with Chouriço, Portuguese bread and other local products served with a glass of delicious red wine.