Downton Abbey and Village large coach tour from London
- Enjoy a full guided tour of Downton village and see the home of Lady Isobel Crawley and much more
- Watch episodes of Downton Abbey on the coach as you travel between locations
- See where memorable scenes from Downton Abbey were filmed inside the house
Enjoy a day tour by coach from London - visit two of the main filming locations for the hit TV show Downton Abbey. On this Downton Abbey tour you'll travel by luxury coach from central London and experience the beauty of the Cotswolds and the real-life home of the Carnarvons.
Setting off from central London it will be just under two hours to reach your first destination of the day - Downton Village. Here your guide will give you a full tour of the village pointing out locations from the show including the church, post office, the hospital as well as homes of key characters such as Isobel Crawley.
You'll be shown stills of how the locations appeared in the show, be given behind-the-scenes info and become fully immersed into what was one of the main filming locations of the entire series. Following the tour you'll have a chance to explore the village on your own before heading back to the coach and on to the crowning glory of Downton Abbey - Highclere Castle.
On the coach you'll also be given background history about the places you visit and watch scenes from Downton Abbey. Upon arrival at Highclere Castle, which was designed by architect Charles Barry, you'll have a chance to explore the home of Lord and Lady Carnarvon.
Your tour of the property with the aid of a self-guided information sheet will give you the opportunity to see where memorable scenes were filmed including the library, drawing room, saloon, dining room and the bedrooms. Do note that the ‘below stairs’ scenes were filmed on a set at Ealing Studios. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or purchase food at Highclere Castle.
You will have approximately three hours to enjoy Highclere Castle before re-boarding the coach and heading back to central London where the tour will end.
- Professional guide
- Coach transport
- Entry fees to Highclere Castle House and Gardens
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Entry to the Egyptian exhibition (GBP 5 on the day)
- Car/booster seats for children under 3 years
- Children (ages 16 and under)
Gloucester Road Station, Kensington, London
Meet your guide at the Gloucester Road Station (London Underground). The tour ends in central London.
- This tour is an unlicensed and unauthorized tour of sites featured in the television series Downton Abbey produced by Carnival Film and Television and NBCUniversal International Limited. Brit Movie Tours Limited and this tour does not have any association with, or connection to, the television series Downton Abbey, Carnival Film and Television or NBCUniversal International Limited
- Thursdays at 9.00am
- 12 and 19 July
- 9 and 23 August
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Everton 30-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ma...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Leicester City 20-04-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Watford 04-05-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - West Ham United 08-04-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila,...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Burnley 22-04-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...