London Changing of the Guard walking tour
See British tradition come to life on this fully-guided Changing of the Guard walking tour that ensures you get the very best views of this spectacular ceremony. Don’t make the same mistake that so many visitors often, and understandably, make, believing the prime vantage point from where to experience this time-honoured tradition is outside Buckingham Palace. These spectators’ enthusiasm quickly turns to disappointment when they realise that they have waited for hours only to see the very end of this unique performance, their view often blocked by the throngs of people crowding around them. Instead, follow your guide on a dynamic journey that takes in the entire Changing of the Guard from beginning to end as they expertly navigate the crowds to take you to the best, and most photographable, viewpoints.
Your guide is an expert on the history of this fascinating ceremony and their knowledge will give you invaluable insight into every detail of this British spectacle. With your own personal headset allowing you to easily follow your guide’s entertaining commentary, you can fully take in the splendour parading past you. Marvel at the precision with which the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace, clad in their iconic red tunics and bearskin hats, or admire the gleaming coats of the Household Cavalry’s horses as they emerge at Horse Guard’s Parade. With a small group of only 15 people or fewer you will be able to move quickly from vantage point to vantage point; your guide pointing out interesting details while you take as many photographs as you want!
- Expert guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so that you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (4-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years old): free
Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y
You will meet your guide at Duke of York column at Waterloo Place. This is the tall column with the statue on top. Your guide will have a sign with the tour name for easy recognition.
Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/St James's. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station.
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade
- Unfortunately, this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance as well as strollers or baby carriages
- Please note weather is very changeable in London, please ensure you have rainproof clothing
- This tour involves a reasonable amount of walking thus, comfortable shoes for all guests are recommended
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
- Everything will be done to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions
- Meeting time: 9.30am or 10.15am depending or time selected
- Departure: 9:45am or 10.30am depending or time selected
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
As the sun goes down over London the attractions are floodlit and this view of London is one not to ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Watford 04-05-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja, Huila, Colombi...
Enjoy an intimate introduction to England's capital on a private 3-hour tour of London with a driver...
Start your tour with a pickup at your London hotel. Then, take a seat in your vehicle and relax on t...