River Thames bike tour
- Cycle along both banks of the River Thames
- Get views of St Paul's, Shakespeare's Globe and the London Eye
- Stop for lunch in London's oldest food market
- Enjoy panoramic views of London landmarks, such as the Tower of London
Explore the London history and take in one-of-a-kind landscapes exploring both banks of the legendary Thames by bike! Let yourself be guided through the city which not only managed to survive the Great Plagues and bloody wars but became a cradle of modern civilization and has developed over years into the leading world center of commerce. Every major London site along the river Thames is covered, so get prepared for a unique historical sightseeing experience you will hardly ever forget! Sights include: The London Eye, Tower Bridge, St Paul's Cathedral, The Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe, London Bridge, Borough Market, Big Ben, and Leadenhall Market. An absolute city gem, the London Eye is rumored to have been rejected by the Londoners who showed very little enthusiasm about having a ridiculous attraction dominating the cityscape. Nowadays this structure is among the most popular structures in London and offers truly jaw-dropping views of the city.
Marvel at the Tower of London, a historic castle located on the north bank of the River Thames, which was originally built by William the Conqueror. This World Heritage site has been used as a royal residence, prison, observatory, treasury, mint, and even a zoo. The top of the list of recognizable prisoners includes: Saint Thomas More, Sir Walter Raleigh, Guy Fawkes and Anne Boleyn.
Discover famous Tower Bridge, one of the most iconic world briges built nearly 60 years into the reign of Queen Victoria and during the height of the British Empire. Don’t miss your chance to cycle across this stately structure and take photos at its most spectacular vantage point! Another bridge you are going to enjoy and learn the history of is a hero the traditional English nursery rhyme: “London Bridge is falling down”. Luckily, the bridge is still safe and sound and keeps striking the eyes of the tourists representing one of the most recognizable symbols of London worldwide.
Apart from the architectural sights you itinerary includes visiting two traditional markets. The first of them is Borough Market (only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday), a culinary gem in London with a history going back 900 years, The market provides the finest food from all over the globe, and it's where you’ll have a 1-hour break to explore it on your own, grab a snack and enjoy a pint at a local English pub with your tour guide. One more fantastic market you'll discover is Leadenhall Market, which sits at what was once the centre of Roman London. It’s also famous for being the real life setting of Diagon Alley from the books about Harry Potter, which was filmed on location here. Good news and true pleasure for the Harry Potter fans!
- Fully guided River Thames bike tour
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Lunch/beer costs
- Infants (0-3): free
- Children (4-18): reduced
- Students with ID: reduced
Exit of the Southwark Tube station (Jubilee Line)
Your guide will be outside the exit with a sign which reads Fat Tire Tours and has the company logo on it
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Tour operates rain or shine - there are rain ponchos for sale in the office
- All participants over 12 years of age must be able to ride a bike
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tandems reserved for guests less than 70lbs/32kg
- Trailers have a 2 child capacity with a combined maximum weight of 88lbs/40kg
- Babyseats have a maximum weight limit of 48lbs/22kg
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- If you purchased a ticket at the reduced price, please make sure you have the correct documents to prove your age, for example an ID or student ID
- Please check calendar for updated tour schedule
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...