Plantation brunch and swamp combo tour
- Enjoy a delicious Plantation country brunch
- Tour the Big House and walk the grounds of Oak Alley
- Visit Laura Plantation for the best history tour in the U.S.
- Cruise the Manchac Swamp through a privately-owned wildlife refuge
On the grounds of Oak Alley, enjoy a sumptuous Plantation Country Brunch featuring Crawfish Etouffee, Chicken & Smoked Sausage Gumbo, Oeuf du Jour (egg dish of the day), Cajun Smoked Sausage Links, fresh fruit and yogurt, and other offerings. Optional for purchase: Mint Juleps, Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s.
After brunch, tour the Big House and walk the grounds for a few minutes in one of the South’s most beautiful settings. Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley has been the setting for such motion pictures as Interview with a Vampire, Primary Colors, and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, Days of our Lives.
A few minutes down River Road, enter the world of Creole Louisiana and experience what has been called “the best history tour in the U.S.” as you visit Laura Plantation. This tour is based upon 5,000 pages of documents found in the French National Archives and upon Laura’s "Memories of the Old Plantation Home," in which she details 250 years of true-life stories of the Creole women, slaves and children who lived and worked here.
Travel past Whitney, Evergreen, Felicity & St. Joseph Plantations, ghosts of the past that front the Mississippi River, where rich crops of sugar cane, cotton and indigo from these fertile lands once travelled to ports of trade.
Then it’s a short ride to the Manchac Swamp where you will cruise through a privately-owned wildlife refuge, home to the legend of “Rougarou”, the Cajun werewolf. You might not find the “Rougarou”, but you’ll get up close and personal with some alligators in an area.
On your return to the Crescent City, enjoy a panoramic view of Lake Pontchartrain as you cross the Bonnet Carre’ Spillway (the flood outlet of the Mississippi River).
- Transportation to and from central New Orleans
- Buffet brunch with beverages
- Admission to Oak Alley & Laura Plantations
- Manchac Swamp Tour with native Cajun guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Gratuity (optional)
- Infants (2-5) : free
- Children (6-12) : reduced
600 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Meet your tour at the Gray Line Light House on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock, directly behind the JAX Brewery (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River).
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Only dry snacks/foods and beverages with tops are allowed in the vehicles
- No video is allowed inside the plantation homes
- This bus tour has a good amount of walking at the Plantation house and you must be able to climb and descend stairs
- Snacks are available at the plantations and guests are welcome to bring light food/snacks for the trip
- Only dry snacks/foods and beverages with tops are allowed on the vehicles. Coolers or meals are not allowed
- Thursdays at 8.00am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tours departure to exchange your mobile voucher for a boarding pass at the Gray Line Light house Ticket Office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
Don't miss out on this New Orleans evening Segway tour, where you'll be able to glide around the Fre...
Hop on "Santa's bus” for a narrated tour to New Orleans’ City Park, one of the ten largest urban par...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...
Gear up for possibly the most fun walking tour you've ever had! This three-hour cocktail history tou...
Satisfy both your appetite and intellect with a four-hour New Orleans food and cocktail history tour...