If you’re looking for something less familiar than “haunted history” — but just as entertaining — this daytime journey through the sex, class, and music of “Storyville”, New Orlean's historic “vice district”, is just what the witch doctor ordered. Populated with legendary brothel owners, notorious criminals, crusaders for equality, and pioneering jazz virtuosos, this tour offers you a stroll through some of the most jaw-dropping history the state of Louisiana has to offer.
Attractions & guided tours
The Backatown: Sex, Drugs, & Jazz tour in New Orleans
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 45 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn about the jaw-dropping history of sex, drugs, and jazz in New Orleans
- Listen to captivating stories as told by a professional guide
- Participate in an off-the-beaten-track tour
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Students & military (must provide ID upon arrival)
1201 St. Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112
Meet at 1201 St. Louis St in New Orleans.
What to remember
- No one under 17 years old is permitted on the tour
- This tour is suited for up to 20 guests
- Tours go out rain or shine
- Intoxicated travelers will not be permitted
- Members, officers, and affiliates of competitors of Psychonautic Entertainment, L.L.C. d/b/a Hottest Hell Tours, including, without limitation, any tour companies operating in the Greater New Orleans area, are strictly prohibited from purchasing tickets for any tour offered by Hottest Hell Tours or attending or otherwise participating in such tour(s)
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Hottest Hell Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.