Join this exciting walking tour to get an authentic feel for the beautifully preserved and thoroughly charming Harlem neighborhood while listening to amazing jazz music by the most talented players in legendary and up-and-coming clubs. Your jazz guide will arrange the best itinerary for your chosen night for a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience!
You will visit a minimum of 2 hidden jazz haunts (but most tours visit 3) for hours of swinging live music. You'll hear about Harlem's historic past and dynamic present. Learn about the Cotton Club, Savoy Ballroom, Minton's Playhouse, Swing Street, The Tree of Hope, and the Apollo Theater, while discovering the brand new hot spots and restored architectural treasures.
The itinerary changes nightly and includes thrilling clubs like:
- The renowned “Birthplace of Bebop”
- A members' only club that dates back to the ’20s
- A 1960s vintage dive bar with free food and swinging live music
- A Hammond B3 organ lounge from the ’40s where Duke Ellington and Sarah Vaughan performed
- A speakeasy with roots going back to prohibition and the discovery of Billie Holiday by John Hammond
- New Harlem spots on their way to becoming legendary — all with their own special charms
This tour is for everyone! Are you a player or singer? Join the jam. If you like to move, get up and dance! If you just want to groove, hang back, and let the music wash over you.