New York food, history and architecture walking tour
- Enjoy some of New York City’s most unique food stops with a local
- Taste delicious food from around town, all recommended by Fodor's Travel!
- Explore the sculpture garden of Madison Square Park
- Visit the renown Flatiron building, as well as many other unique monuments
This walking tour of New York city offers a unique insight into the gastronomy, history and architecture of the Big Apple. A food-lover's paradise, this tour will take you to the newest and trendiest foodie neighborhoods of the city with fascinating tales along the way. While you are exploring two of New York’s most iconic and picturesque neighborhoods, Flatiron & Union Square, you will have the opportunity to enjoy 6 full portion, gourmet tastings (including substitutions for vegetarians).
Included on the tour is the following:
- Delicious breakfast foccacia at Mario Batali’s epic artisanal Italian food emporium, Eataly
- Historic Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop (a celebrity favorite), established in 1939, for a classic New York sandwich
- Never ending cheese samples plus an out of this world grilled cheese sandwich at Beecher’s Cheese, where believe-it-or-not, they make cheese right in the middle of Manhattan!
- Savor award-winning baked goods at Bread’s Bakery
More about the neighborhood: Over a hundred years ago, the Flatiron District was a very important commercial and residential district in New York City. Your guide will tell you many interesting tales of what it was like in the past while also letting you admire the incredibly charming neighborhood that it is today, full of the city’s best restaurants and shops. The tour is also perfect for history and art lovers, as your guide will take you through the picturesque Madison Square Park, where you will have the chance to admire its rich sculpture garden created by many acclaimed, visionary artists who realized site-specific works on a monumental scale. Furthermore, the tour will include an insight into New York's most outstanding architecture, such as the Flatiron building in Manhattan, and you will learn about its incredible story.
- Tour with professional guide
- Food tastings - enough for brunch
- Children 4-10 years old: reduced price
- Children 3 years old and under can join the tour for free
200 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Eataly, by the freestanding gold clock across from Eataly
- This tour has an itinerary of approximately 1 mile. Please bring appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- This tour is wheelchair friendly
- Vegetarian options will be provided
- Year-round: Saturdays
- From April to December: Thursdays and Saturdays
- Tour leaves at 10.30am from the meeting point
Gain a deeper understanding of 9/11 and its legacy with the expert knowledge of a local guide. This ...
The Whitney Museum of American Art has been a longstanding institution dedicated solely to American ...
See incredible views of New York City from the observatory of One World Trade Center: America’s tall...
For Broadway lovers and Disney fans, there’s no better experience than this new, exclusive access to...
This walking tour will transform you into an expert on New York’s history and ardent admirer of its ...
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings ...