Classic tour of the Golden Circle from Reykjavik
- Join this full-day tour from Reykjavik to the Icelandic wilderness
- Learn about geology and history at Thingvellir National Park
- Don't miss the spectacular views of Gullfoss Waterfall
- Discover the famous Geysir geothermal and hydrothermal area
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and historical attractions such as Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and Geysir. Join this one-day tour from Reykjavik and dive into the Islandic wilderness through the lava fields of Mosfellsheiði heath and to a scenic point overlooking the high temperature geothermal area of Nesjavellir and Lake Thingvallavatn.
Winding its way down towards lake Thingvallavatn, the route continues along the lake to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site where the tectonic plates of Europe and North America meet and one of the world's oldest parliament was founded in 930 AD. Þingvellir is also the birthplace of the Old Icelandic Commonwealth and the Alþingi assembly, where Iceland’s most prominent chiefs met to decide on legislation and carry out brutal Viking-age justice.
You‘re then treated up close and personal to one of Iceland‘s largest personalities: Gullfoss (Golden Falls), where you can take short walk up close to the thundering cascade and feel the mist of glacial meltwater on our face. Don't forget to take pictures of this majestic and thunderous natural beauty.
Lunch break is usually taken at Gullfoss Cafe near Gullfoss waterfall, but in some cases, a stop is made for lunch at the Information Center by Geysir geothermal area.
Your next stop is Geysir geothermal area, home of the famous Geysir and Strokkur hot springs. The Strokkur hot spring erupts every 5 minutes or so, making it one of the most active geysers. From Geysir area, the trip continues to Skálholt Church which was the seat of religious power in Iceland for centuries and where some of the most dramatic events in Iceland's history took place.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional travel guide
- Children 11 years and under: reduced
- Youth 12-17 years of age: reduced
Holtagarðar, Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland
Please book your pick-up before your tour by contacting your tour operator. If you do not wish to take advantage of the complimentary pick-up service, please make your way to the meeting point at the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time stated on your voucher and introduce yourself at the sales desk for check-in.
- Returning from your tour you will be dropped off at the hotel or guest house you were collected from or at the closest possible point
- Tour is also available in
- German: Saturdays (All year)
- French: Mondays (All year) Thursdays and Sundays (1 June - 31 Aug)
- Scandinavian languages: Fridays (All year)
- Spanish: Wednesdays (All year)
- Mandarin Chinese: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (from 1 September)
- Every day at 8.30am, 9.30am and 10.30am
¿Alguna vez has querido ver una de esas asombrosas luces de baile en el cielo, la famosa Aurora Bore...
Este recorrido por Landmannalaugar lo llevará hasta Landmannalaugar, a menudo denominado "La Perla d...
La exposición está integrada en uno de los seis tanques de agua caliente que forman Perlan y comienz...
El servicio de enlace con el aeropuerto Flybus lo lleva desde el aeropuerto internacional de Keflavi...
El servicio de enlace con el aeropuerto Flybus lo lleva desde su hotel al aeropuerto internacional d...
Únete a los profesionales y apasionados cazadores de luz del norte para presenciar este asombroso fe...