Glaciers and Waterfalls - South Coast and glacier hiking tour
- Walk up to a 60 meter high thundering waterfall
- Stroll along a volcanic black sand beach
- Take an easy hike on the ancient ice of Sólheimajökull glacier
Travel through south Iceland's farming lands, black sand beaches, thundering waterfalls, powerful volcanoes and majestic glaciers along the coast!
Walk behind the magnificent wall of water from Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Take an easy hike on the ancient ice of Sólheimajökull glacier with a knowledgeable and certified glacier guide. Then take a leisurely stroll along the black sand beach of Reynisfjara known for its famous basalt columns and caverns. Witness the Reynisdrangar cliffs and basalt rock stacks that rise from the sea whom which Icelandic legends say are mischievous trolls turned into rock by the rising sun.
You will end this great sightseeing tour with a stop at Skógafoss waterfall. There you can walk up to the 60 meter high thundering waterfall to take your most memorable photographs. Tourists may even walk up the side to gain a bird's eye view of the cascading water and rainbows.
Experience all of these incredible landscapes as we pass through the fertile farming lands and small villages of south Iceland, where the land is rich in Viking history and heritage and watched over by the infamous Eyjafjallajökull and Hekla volcanoes. On clear days you will have an excellent view of these famous volcanoes. When we drive under the foothills of Eyjafjallajökull you can glimpse the Westman Islands rising steeply from the ocean just a few kilometers off the coast.
Book this great value and easy sightseeing tour with an adventurous twist. The sights are breathtaking, the grandeur unforgettable. Where else in the world can you stand on 700 years old glacier ice, walk behind a 65 meters high waterfall and stroll along a volcanic black sand beach in one day?
Rated: Easy/Family tour.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- A guided visit to Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Sólheimajökull and Reynisfjara in a bus
- Glacier walking with a certified glacier guide
- Children 10-15 years of age: reduced
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 8.00am for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age
- Arctic Adventures reserves the right to alter the itinerary if weather conditions change and the glacier walk is cancelled. If this cancellation occurs a visit to the Skogar museum and Vik village is offered.
- Views of Eyjafjallajökull glacier and Hekla Volcano are subject to weather conditions.
- Please bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves. Good hiking shoes are recommended and can be rented if you do not have them.
- All glacier and sightseeing trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants may have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
- Every day at 8.00am
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from your hotel to Keflavik International Airport. Seats are gu...
Join the professional and passionate northern light chasers to witness this astonishing natural phen...