Into the Blue snorkeling tour from Reykjavík
- Go snorkeling in Silfra in Thingvellir National Park
- Discover this narrow channel of blue water meandering through a giant lava field
- Drift peacefully in the comfort of a warmly insulated drysuit
The Silfra Fissure is one of Iceland’s most desirable snorkeling spots. Located in the heart of Thingvellir National Park, this narrow channel of blue water meandering through a giant lava field does not look like much on the surface. But below, supernatural shades of blue, perfect visibility, and incredible rock formations make up a magical sub-aquatic paradise. Enjoy a great snorkeling experience as you drift peacefully in the comfort of a warmly insulated drysuit accompanied by our highly skilled guides. Silfra, frequently rated as one of the worlds top ten dive sites, is located between the tectonic plates of Europe and America. With up to 100 meters of underwater visibility, Silfra is truly a mesmerizing site, not to be missed by any snorkeler, experienced or not.
Into the Blue offers a relaxing but exotic trip in a highly unique and captivating environment!
Trip difficulty: 3 out of 5 possible. Rated: Moderate.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- Free wifi on board transportation
- Certified PADI Diveguide/Divemaster
- All necessary snorkeling gear, including a specially made suit to keep you warm and dry in the glacier water
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 9.00am for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age or older
- Please bring: warm long underwear, preferably fleece/wool (no cotton!), warm woolen socks and a change of clothes (just in case).
- Need glasses? You will be wearing snorkeling goggles while in the water and you won’t be able to wear your glasses underneath. So unless you are bringing your own prescription goggles we recommend that you acquire contact lenses for your snorkeling tour.
- What is snorkeling? Participants swim in specially made dry suits through the crystal clear water. We breath through snorkels to have an unobstructed view of the landscape beneath the water level.
- All snorkeling trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk.
- Every day at 9.00am
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
Explore the magnificent Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls and fly through black lava sand fiel...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
Join the professional and passionate northern light chasers to witness this astonishing natural phen...