During the summer months, Iceland has nearly 24 hours of daylight, which allows us to operate the fantastic Midnight Sun whale watching the tour. There's something extra-special about seeing whales in the evening, surrounded by the glow from an evening sun reflecting off the waters of Faxaflói Bay. You set sail at 9:00 pm and head back just before midnight, giving you plenty of time to search for whales with one of our expert guides. The most common species we see on our tours are humpback whales, minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises.
Cruises and boat tours
Midnight sun and whale watching boat tour
Availability: June 15th - July 31st
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes
Kids go free
Do this because
- Go whale watching under the midnight sun
- Live a unique experience during your stay in Iceland!
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
What to expect
- Guided boat tour
- Free ticket to try again in case of no sightings
- Warm floatable overalls provided for your comfort and safety (also available in children’s sizes)
- Wi-Fi & cafe on board
- WCs on board
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 7-15 years: reduced
- Children 0-6 years: free of charge
Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík.
The starting point for this tour is the Special Tours Ticket Office
What to remember
- You will be asked to show a valid form of ID upon arrival for check-in.
- Transfers are not available for this tour, but our crew can help you call a taxi after the tour if you are not staying in the downtown area
- The tour is dependent on weather and sightings cannot be guaranteed
- We recommend wearing warm clothes and good footwear
- June 15th - July 31st
- At 9.00pm
Special Tours Wildlife Adventures
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 hours before the activity begins.