- Go on an exciting expedition to spot the famous Northern LIghts
- Search for the Northern Lights in the comfort of a super jeep
- Enjoy a small group setting for this tour
Everyone is flocking to Iceland during the winter in search of the infamous Aurora Borealis. The Northern Lights is a mesmerizing sight that you will be sure to remember forever.
Firstly, your expert Northern Lights guide will pick you up at a central Reykjavik pick-up point in a custom-built 4x4 super jeep. On the search for the Northern Lights, you will travel through beautiful parts of Iceland at night time with a very informative guide. Traveling in a super jeep is a great opportunity because it allows you to reach places unreachable by larger tour groups, allowing you to enjoy the Northern Lights without big crowds.
Your guide will have an astronomical telescope on the tour so you can also enjoy the wonders of the night sky more closely. Enjoy a cup of hot coco and venture to add some Icelandic Brennivín to yours if you dare!
Our guides take photos every time the Northern lights are spotted, so you can be sure to get your picture taken with the Aurora.
Trip difficulty: 1 out of 5 possible. Rated: Family tour for everyone.
- Round trip transportation from selected Reykjavik pick up points
- Driver guided super jeep chase for the Northern Lights
- Children 6-15 years of age: reduced
Pick-up in Reykjavik
Please be ready at 8.30pm or 9.30pm (seasonal) for pick-up from a selected central point in Reykjavík - please note that it can take up to 30 minutes for pick-up to arrive
- Participants must be at least 6 year of age
- Please bring: warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good warm shoes and wooly socks. Northern Lights tours require you to watch the skies, and that means you will be outside at night in Iceland in winter. Dress warmly, there is no such thing as too much clothing for this tour.
- Please note: As the success of the Northern Lights Explorer tour is heavily dependent on weather conditions, we reserve the right to cancel departures up until 18:15 on the day of the tour. If the tour goes ahead and no northern lights are seen we offer clients the chance to join another evening's departure (in minibus) free of charge upon availability. Note that you need to contact us to re-book.
- All adventure trips are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants. Arctic Adventures does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to there own actions. Participants have to sign a waiver before undertaking all trips stating that they realize that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk
- Every day from 1 September to 15 April, departing seasonally at either 8.30pm or 9.30pm (please check calendar for departure time)
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
This Landmannalaugar tour will take you up to Landmannalaugar, often referred to as “The Pearl of th...
The exhibition is built into one of the six hot-water tanks that make up Perlan, and it starts with ...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from Keflavik International Airport to downtown Reykjavik. Seat...
The Flybus airport shuttle takes you from your hotel to Keflavik International Airport. Seats are gu...