The northern lights tour in Iceland takes you to see a spectacular natural phenomenon which happens during the winter months. The northern lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. Northern lights in Iceland are visible during the winter months, from September to April. The locations visited during the northern lights tour vary from day to day depending on weather conditions. Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed. However, if you don‘t see any northern lights during this tour, you are welcome to join the tour again, free of charge.
Northern lights tour in Iceland
Availability: Winter months
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Search for northern lights on an exciting tour in Iceland
- See this spectacular natural phenomenon
- Enjoy the nature near the North Pole during the winter months
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Youth 12-15 years old: reduced
- Children 0-11 years old travel for free
BSI Coach Terminal, Vatnsmýrarvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tour starts at BSI Coach Terminal in downtown Reykjavík.
What to remember
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. If you don't see any lights you can join the tour again for free
- Remember to dress warmly
- The tour is available during the winter months
- Departure times vary depending on the season
- Please check the calendar for more details
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.