- Visit the medieval town of Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
- Enjoy the day exploring the beauties of Umbria and Lazio regions
- Have a private English-speaking driver with you all day
- Tour upgradable with local licensed guide
The tour will include stops to visit the towns of Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. Orvieto is a town in the Umbria region situated on the flat summit of a large butte of volcanic tuff. The site of the city rises above the almost vertical faces of tuff cliffs that are completed by defensive walls built of the same stone called Tufa.
Orvieto was built originally in the Etruscan era, and it kept growing throughout the ages. It now has the looks of a medieval small town, but it’s still possible to understand its entire history by visiting the town’s most important sites. Among the important sites to visit in Orvieto is the Cathedral.
Civita di Bagnoregio is a small town located atop a plateau of friable volcanic tuff. It was founded during the Etruscan era, and during the centuries it never grew much in width, always remaining incredibly small. Nowadays, the town has a limited number of inhabitants, and it was known as a dying town before tourism started to head in its direction during the last few years.
During the tour, you’ll be allowed time for lunch (not included) in a typical farmhouse restaurant and for visiting the main sites of each town. At the end of the tour, the driver will take you back to your accommodation in Rome.
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Live commentary on-board
- Fuel surcharge
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please provide your hotel/accommodation address at the time of booking.
- Permissions to enter the historical center of the cities. Please consider that spending a long time in each of the towns will mean that you’ll be able to have shorter visits in the other towns.
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction.
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour and can take you where big buses cannot go.
- Your English-speaking driver will give you a general overview regarding the history of the areas in the car before you start walking around on your own. By Italian law, he is unable to conduct guided tours inside museums, monuments, etc. or even to leave the car to walk around with you.
- You can upgrade the Tour with a local licensed guide.
- If you want to spend more time on the tour, you can add extra hours to the itinerary for an additional cost payable in cash directly to the driver (70 EUR per hour).
Every day at 8.00 am
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...