Orvieto day tour from Rome with biscuit making in a cave
- Explore the beautiful city of Orvieto
- Visit the Orvieto Cathedral, the Golden Lily of Cathedrals
- Enter one of the Etruscan caves of the city center
- Make the best Orvietans biscuits with Chef Adriano in a cave
Meet your professional English-speaking driver and depart towards Orvieto: it's incredible how much a city can be a perfect fusion among Florence, Rome, and Siena.
In one of the Etruscan cave, Adriano's hands will knead with you the best Orvietans biscuits, let's ask the presence of almonds, sourdough and organic flour and the game is done.
You will have time to enjoy a lunch in this magic city.
Orvieto is a town in the region Umbria, situated on the flat summit of a large butte of volcanic tuff. The site of the city rises above the almost-vertical faces of tuff cliffs that are completed by defensive walls built of the same stone called Tufa. Orvieto was built originally in the Etruscan era, and it kept growing throughout the ages. It now has the looks of a medieval small town, but it’s still possible to understand its entire history by visiting its most important sites; among them, there is the Duomo.
At the end of the tour, sit back, relax and enjoy your 2-hour drive back to your hotel in Rome. You can expect to be back at your hotel around 6.00 pm, depending on local traffic.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Local expert guide
- Orvieto guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Biscotti demo and tasting in an Etruscan cave
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Fuel surcharge
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel. Please provide name and address of your accommodation in Rome, when booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The price is for person (not per vehicle)
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking driver
- The vehicle and driver will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour and can take you where big buses cannot go
- All tours can be modified and/or customized (even while on tour) to meet your complete satisfaction
- Your English-speaking driver will give a general overview regarding the history of the areas in the car before you start walking around on your own. He will let you spend all the time you need to visit with no rushing as in group tours. By Italian law, he is unable to conduct guiding inside museums, monuments, etc, or even to leave the car to walk around with you
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- No wheelchair access available and not recommended for claustrophobic participants
- Daily around 8.00 am
Have you always wanted to visit the Vatican but you absolutely hate wasting time in long lines? Here...
Modern Rome, the capital of Italy, has been said to have one foot in the past and one in the present...
Venture off the beaten path to experience the real flavors of Rome in the vibrant neighbourhoods of ...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line gro...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...