- Explore St. Mark's Basilica, the Bridge of Sighs and Rialto Bridge
- Skip the line to St. Mark's Basilica and admire its golden mosaics up close
- Indulge in a private water taxi cruise for a transfer from the train station to Rialto
If you are based in Rome for your holiday but don’t want to miss out on the true taste of Venice, this is the ideal tour for you! By using the high-speed train, you'll travel comfortably and swiftly to maximize your time in this iconic city on the water.
Upon arrival at the Venice train station, your City Wonders representative will escort you to a private water taxi for a panoramic cruise, from the train station to Rialto.
Head straight into St. Mark’s Basilica with your local expert guide, where you’ll uncover the diverse treasures inside, including the dazzling golden mosaics adorning its domed interior and ceilings. Climb up to the famous terraces. Rarely included on guided tours, they offer beautiful views over St. Mark’s Square and the Venetian rooftops beyond.
You’ll then start your discovery of Venice with a guided tour on foot. You’ll stroll across the church and palace-lined piazzas of Campo SS Giovanni e Paolo and Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where Byzantine, Renaissance and modern elements fuse together their timeless portraits of the city, and also glimpse the fabled Bridge of Sighs, said to be named after the sighing prisoners as they were escorted across the canal to the cells of the adjacent prison. You’ll walk by Marco Polo’s house and hear about how the Venetian merchant set off to sea one day.
You'll then have about 3 hours to enjoy Venice independently. Your guide will offer local advice on the best restaurants you can try for lunch, or you may want to sample the famous cicchetti: similar to tapas these are best enjoyed with a glass of Prosecco.
After your free time, you will be free to either take a vaporetto to come back to the train station (tickets are included), or just walk . Then, we board our speed train for our return to Rome.
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Water taxi experience on Grand Canal
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Piazza dei Cinquecento, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
At Piazza dei Cinquecento, facing the main entrance of the Termini train station, the meeting point is located on the far left just outside the entrance
- The service concludes in Rome Termini train station
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure time, in order for our City Wonders representative to provide train tickets and accompany you to your seats on the train. Late arrivals won't be eligible for a refund
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat on the train
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark’s Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Saturday, Monday, Thursday
- Meeting Time: 06:15am
- Departure Time: 06:30am
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
Don't miss the romantic atmosphere of past times of the Serenissima Venice! Join this sightseeing to...
Admirez le coucher du soleil sur les toits de Rome et profitez de l'atmosphère romantique de la vill...
Roma, la città eterna tra arte, storia e cultura. Tradizione di benessere basata sul concetto di spa...
Begin your tour with a visit to one of the oldest churches in Rome, dedicated to Theotokos (Mother o...
Esplora il mercato locale e le storiche botteghe alimentari romane ed acquista i migliori ingredient...