Rialto Market and Secret Venice tour with cicchetti and wine
- Admire Rialto Bridge and stop at Rialto Market
- Enjoy a gondola ride and cross over the Grand Canal
- Sample 2 Cicchetti (Venetian tapas) with a glass of wine in a local Osteria
Enjoy the unique charm of Italy with a small group tour of San Polo and Rialto Market areas. Get the real experience of what the Venetians do before lunch, by visiting a Venetian's Osteria and enjoy the chance to taste a few Cicchetti with a glass of wine.
The Venetian experience doesn't stop here. Cross over the Rialto Bridge on a gondola, which is widely used as public transportation. A tour of wonder and discovery awaits you! Let the Rialto market put a spell on you, as you walk through it, marveling at its vibrant colors and smells.
Learn about the history of Venice as one of the richest and flourishing markets of the Western world. Visit one of the most beautiful little Campi's (campielli in Venetian), facing the Grand Canal, where in old times there would have been many oar workshops for the gondolas. Venture through to the Cannaregio district to see one of the oldest churches in Venice, that dates from the 7th century and was restored in Renaissance times.
Relax on a gondola, which crosses the Grand Canal to reach the other side of Venice, where Rialto and San Polo await you. After exploring Rialto market and experiencing a Venetian Osteria, embark on a walking tour through some of the most hidden, secretive areas of San Polo. This is where, at the time of La Serenissima, during Renaissance times, east and west met and where spices, precious fabrics, silk and many other goods were traded by merchants from around the globe. The Merchants of Venice needed places where they could sleep, eat and drink, as well as places, where they could store their goods.
For the most important countries trading in Venice, the Venetian government gave them entire palaces to be dedicated to this. The Merchants also needed to relax from their hectic life and during this walking tour of the Hidden Venice, you'll visit the Medieval Red Light District of Castelletto. As you venture further into the hidden Venice, where picture-postcard views appear around every corner, and where you can also appreciate the true charm of this silent city, far from the hordes of tourists, where it feels as if time has stopped at the XV century.
After strolling through, you’ll visit one of the most beautiful Campi (squares) of Venice - San Polo. Like a grand arena, where there used to be bullfights, with its elegant palaces, it's a complete contrast to the narrow streets, dark passageways, delicate bridges and tiny courtyards of the hidden Venice.
The tour will conclude back at the Rialto Bridge.
- Licensed expert English-speaking guide
- 2 Cicchetti (Venetian tapas) and a glass of wine in a Venetian Osteria
- Gondola ride over the Grand Canal
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Children (0-5): free
- Children (6-12): reduced
S. Marco, 2283A, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Campo San Bartolomeo by the statue in the middle of the Square
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- This tour takes place in the historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly for alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The tour operates with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 participants.
- 21st December 2017 - 5th January 2018
- Saturday at 11.15 am
- 6th February - 31st March
- Saturday at 11.15 am
- 1st April - 31st October
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 11.15 am
I maestri vetrai della Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara ti offrono uno spettacolo unico, una dimostraz...
Il Palazzo Ducale rappresentò per secoli la sede del potere politico veneziano. Nelle sue splendide ...
Questo tour privato di Venezia è perfetto per te se hai un tempo limitato da trascorrere in città e ...
Questa visita di Venezia mette insieme quattro dei tour più popolari della città. Ti consentirà di s...
Percorri gli stretti vicoli di Venezia, fermati a provare alcune specialità locali e ricevi consigli...
Impara i segreti ed i trucchi dei più famosi piatti della cucina veneziana e assaggia il frutto del ...