Small group Dolomites and Cortina day trip from Venice
- Depart from Venice and spend some time visiting Cortina
- Admire the most beautiful range of mountains in Europe - the Dolomites
- Enjoy a walk on a level terrain up in the Tre Cime di Lavaredo or around the Braies Lake
- Visit the suggestive village of San Candido
During the summer season (April 1st - November 14th) on your small group Venice day tour of the Dolomite mountains, enjoy a memorable day exploring what many people believe to be Europe's most beautiful range of mountains. During the day, you'll make numerous stops at scenic viewpoints, walk around lakes and visit the hometown of the famous Renaissance painter Titian.
Spend some time in Cortina and enjoy a walk on a level terrain up in the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, from where you can enjoy a splendid view over this majestic mountain range. The beauty of the Dolomites is in their diversity. Throughout these excursions from Venice, you'll make frequent photo-stops, you'll feel as if you have travelled from one mountain range to another such as the stark variation in scenery.
During your day, you'll be able to see glaciers in distance, soaring peaks, emerald green lakes, surrounded by forests of pine and larch with reflections of the mountains mirrored on their calm waters, and typical Tyrolean villages clinging to the mountainsides. At the Tre Cime di Lavaredo, at an altitude of 2,360m (7,500 ft), you'll enjoy one of the best views of the mountains, where you can gaze out across a myriad of peaks and valleys as far as the eye can see.
These excursions from Venice also include visiting the cosmopolitan Cortina and a delightful alpine village that was the birthplace of Titian. After a fulfilling day spent in the Dolomites, sit back and relax as you'll return back to Venice through the ever-changing scenery of the mountains illuminated by the late afternoon sun.
During the winter season (November 15th until March 31st) – after a visit to Cortina, where you'll have time to walk around the centre and shop, you'll make your way to the picturesque Braies Lake, known as “the Pearl among the Dolomites lakes”. It’s set in the beautiful Pusteria Valley and considered to be one of the most beautiful South Tyrolean lakes. Here, you’ll have the opportunity for an easy walk or to enjoy the beautiful sight from one of the coffee shops by the lake while sipping a hot chocolate.
Next, you'll head to San Candido, one of the most beautiful South Tyrolean villages in the Dolomites. The focus is on its pedestrian zone with its many colourful shops and the hustle and bustle of people. You can stroll around and taste local specialities like speck, local cheeses, the mouth-watering Canederli dumpling – a traditional first-course recipe handed down from one generation to another – and for the sweet tooths: the delicious Strudel cake. From November 23rd until January 6th, you’ll experience San Candido Christmas Market. All the stand are located in the pedestrian area, surrounded by Christmas decoration. You’ll be captured by its cosy and magical atmosphere.
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Mercedes minivan or similar make
- Entrance fees to "Tre Cime Di Lavaredo"
- Lunch (optional)
Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 500, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Tronchetto 'B' DX, where you'll find your guide waiting for you on the platform of the water-bus line n. 2 station, holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly for alternative routes suitable for you.
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo are open seasonally (from late May until October) and are subject to weather conditions. In the event of rain or bad visibility, you'll be offered, after the visit of Cortina, a backup plan.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- 17th November 2018 - 31st October 2019: departure at 8.00 am.
- From 15th November to 31st March – winter season itinerary (Cortina, Lake Braies, San Candido).
- From 1st April 2019 to 31st October 2019 – spring\summer season itinerary (Pieve di Cadore, Lake Misurina, Cortina).
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
The region of Venice offers many of the best wines in Italy and if you are staying in Venice for jus...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...