Rhine Falls excursion from Zurich
- Drive through picturesque landscape
- Explore the splendid medieval Castle Laufen
- Delight in unique views from the panoramic lift
- Enjoy a beautiful sight from the viewing platform right above Europe's biggest waterfalls
This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to Northern Switzerland and shows you the stunning Rhine Falls. See the medieval Castle Laufen, settled directly above the falls and feel the roar and vibration of Europe's biggest waterfalls from the panoramic trails and viewing platforms.
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide explaining about Switzerland's interesting history and culture. Drive through picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages to reach the splendid medieval Castle Laufen.
Enjoy approximately one hour leisure time at the mighty Rhine Falls, one of Switzerland's major attractions. Delight in unique views of Europe's biggest waterfalls from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 liters of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. A beautiful, short stroll on the Belvedere panoramic trail takes you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters. Capture stunning photographs of the cataract, the fizzy waters of the below basin and the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Visit the Historama at the patriarchal castle to learn more about the interesting history of this unique place.
The return journey passes by the picturesque town of Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress from the 16th century. The way then continues for a short stretch through Germany. Before you arrive back in the city centre of Zurich, pass by the Airport where departing guests can end their tour.
- Live guide in English and German (Spanish on request)
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Admission to Laufen Castle at Rhine Falls
- Personal expenses
- Children from 6 to 15 years: Half price
- Infants up to 5 years: Free of charge but need to be registered
Limmatstrasse 5, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The official departure place is the Sihlquai Coach Terminal on Limmatstrasse 5. The meeting point is a white ticket office with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- Important: The way back goes via Germany. Passport is mandatory
- You're recommended to bring a pair of solid shoes
- To request a guide in Spanish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- April-October: Daily at 9.00am
- Meeting time 15 minutes before tour departs
On this two-hour classic city tour you get to discover Zurich, the business and cultural center of S...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
This full day excursion will take you to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Locat...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...
This spectacular small group tour takes you off the beaten track right into the heart of the Swiss A...
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi. Relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the ...