Marvel at the breath-taking geothermal scenery, stunning waterfalls and World Heritage-listed forest reserves, as you drive from the south of Auckland located in the centre of New Zealand’s north island lies the largest freshwater lake in Australasia. A land of fire and ice, Lake Taupō, a stunning natural cauldron, is ringed by snow-capped mountains and surrounded by geothermal ‘hot spots’, such as bubbling mud pools, fumaroles and hot springs.
Lake Taupō voyager experience
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 13 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Huka falls - Lake Taupō 2.5 hour boat cruise
- Cruise the sparkling water of Lake Taupō
- Explore the hidden bays
- Extend, enhance and upgrade your holiday to New Zealand with our range of add-on experiences
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Refreshments and water on board
- Entry ticket to 2.5-hour boat cruise
- Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
What's not included
- Access to Wi-Fi onboard
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 5 - 14)
- Infant (age 4 and under): Free of charge
Grand Mercure Hotel, 8 Customs Street East, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
You'll get the pickup from Grand Mercure Hotel to be transferred to the tour location, please make your own way to the pickup point.
What to remember
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Please note that you'll get the pickup from Grand Mercure Hotel to be transferred to the tour location, please make your own way to the pickup point and be ready at least 10 minutes before the departure time
- After the tour, you will be dropped back at the pickup point
- A light jacket or sweater if the weather is cool
- Swimming if conditions allow (bring a towel)
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Please be ready at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the pickup time
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 2 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund.